Problems with Philips 37PF5520

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by IANRED, Mar 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. IANRED

IANRED
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I have had the screen for a couple of months now but I am suffering a number of problems, and I wondered if anyone was having similar problems
    1) Normally the digital picture is great, when it does suffer interference then more often than not it's unable to break out of it's pixelization, when changing channels don't resolve the problem, only switching it to stand-by and then back on works.
    2) I am only able to get 1024 * 768 resolution via a DVI-I using a FX5500 card
    3) Picture in Picture (PIP) displays the analogue signal not digital.
    4) When switching of PIP the sound from the TV remains. It doesn't switch the sound source back to the computer.

Other than that I am really please with it. :smashin:

2. Jakus

Jakus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Proberly the most under rated LCDTV out there ! Because You can map it 1:1 on the DVI input You can run everythig from the PC with windows Media center, Hi Def, DVD, DivX, etc etc, and display 1080P
    + if You pick up a DVI splitter You can Have a DVI and analogue input at the same time, the TV prioritises first come first served
    Lets see the HDMI Lovers do that !!:D

3. IANRED

IANRED
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jakus thanks for the reply to clarify:

1) Normally when watching a digital broadcast (on another Freeview box) I get interference, but after a second or two the picture returns to normal. Unlike on the Philips which seems to be unable to break out of the interference so the pixelization goes on until a switch off of the screen

2) I have downloaded powerstrip I'll let you know

3) When using the PC option I press PIP but the image that is displayed is the analogue TV signal not the digital

4) Using the PC option you enable PIP you see the picture and sound from the TV, when you cancel PIP the TV picture goes but you are left with the TV sound. I would expect the PC sound to come back on? What's the point of TV sound if you've cancelled the picture?

5) I am in PC mode. I select AV then TV but it defaults to analogue TV not digital

4. Jakus

Jakus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Check Your Digital signal strength in Digital setup first, Maybe why You have issues with other digital functions..;)

I like the way the Sound auto switches for PIP, seems very logical to bring the sound automatically with the Tv picture, Sure It may be nice to have the swiched audio imput back to PC after exiting PIP but its 3 sec to switch it manually and my choice would be have it the way it is.

5. IANRED

IANRED
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I tried the following using the default out of powerstrip but I just get white line interference on the screen when I try it.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

PowerStrip timing parameters:
    1368x768=1368,80,128,200,768,3,5,22,84750,3

Generic timing details for 1368x768:
    HFP=80 HSW=128 HBP=200 kHz=48 VFP=3 VSW=5 VBP=22 Hz=60

VESA detailed timing details:
    PClk=84750.00 H.Active=1368 H.Blank=408 H.Offset=64 HSW=128 V.Active=768 V.Blank=30 V.Offset=3 VSW=5

Linux modeline parameters:
    "1368x768" 84.750 1368 1448 1576 1776 768 771 776 798 -hsync +vsync

6. Jakus

Jakus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Just Use Powerstrip to generate the new resolution profiles
    then dump powerstrip and set your graphics card to 1368x768

You are Just making new registry profiles that the GFX card will see as valid resolutions

Don't ask me anything about Powerstrip I use Just the Little bits I need and I would Guess You are well out of Your depth...Be Careful ! there are lots of Timings etc which I do not go near, Just a Custom resolution based on 1366x768 LCD is all You need and up it to 1368x768 and save it, Look around the program untill You find that screen, or better read the Help..;)