1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Panasonic TX-32LDX1 ?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by happychappy, Oct 30, 2004.

1. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All

Has anyone encountered any problems with the Panasonic TX-32LDX1 L.C.D. T.V. ? I recommended one to a friend (after reading all the great reports) who duly purchased it and was very pleased with his buy. Until he lost all of the digital channels (simply by turning the T.V. off) and after hours of trying could still not get them back. He phoned Panasonic who could not offer any solution, then he contacted the company from whom it was purchased and they sent a man in a van to collect and exchange for a new one (very pleased with service received!) but still a little worried in case it happens again, I must be honest and say that I have never had any problems with Panasonic kit (fingers, legs, eyes etc crossed) and just wondered if this was also the case for other members? especially concerning the above mentioned T.V.

Thanks in advance for replys

2. zum

zum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We just recently brought a Panasonic TX-32LXD1 from http://www.cramptonandmoore.co.uk, it arrived a couple a days after ordering :thumbsup:

Haven't used the DVB as pay telewest too much money for that privilage :eek:

On a whole we have been extremely impressed with our new BEAST. The only exception has been when watching sport (specifically football) with wide shots of running players. With this we get alot of bleeding and blur :thumbsdow Maybe this is just my setting (have tried a few) otherwise its been brilliant!

ZUM
    London

3. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This can happen on any Freeview product if it's trying to download a software update when you power down as this would interrupt the upgrade and permamently corrupt the software.

4. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I was not aware that upgrades were automatic? on my free view box (Panasonic TU-CT20) I have the option to perform this when I want. So is this a common occurrence? I havent heard of this before especially to the point of loosing all of the channels and not being able to get them back at all? in effect rendering the T.V. useless.

5. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When a new OAD is available the receives sometimes ask if it's ok to download, although the message is often unclear and it's all to easy to press OK or similar to get rid of the message which results in the download bein started, but like any software update if it is interrupted for any reason then the software in the memory becomes corrupt and can lead to the unit not working properly as it doesn't know what to do almost like a major Windows crash where the PC can't boot up. You still have the option to manually scan for an update, but you can still lose the channels and have to re-tune after an update.

6. happychappy

happychappy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Aaaa haaaa "Windows crash" now I know where youre coming from..I unfortunately am to aware of these..thank :laugh: god I wasnt round my friends house when it crashed coz I know who would have got the blame!

7. RohanM

RohanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Er, unless I'm missing something, your telly's got 'Freeview' - so you don't need to connect it to TeleWest cable, just your normal aerial!!! (assuming you've got coverage in your area).

8. MuffKing

MuffKing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Zum will be using TeleWest for subscription channels as they basically supply SKY channels like NTL do.