Problems with Panasonic DRM-E55

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jtorry, Sep 24, 2004.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got a E55 today hoping to be able to make high quality video captures from games consoles for use on my website. I tried my PS2 and get messed up picture when running in 60Hz. I have output set to RGB and input also as RGB (tried video and SVideo and made no difference). I have also tried an Xbox which is ok in 50Hz but set it to pal 60 and it has the same problems as the PS2 did. Now both work fine directly into the TV so it must be the DVD recorder that cannot handle 60Hz. Is there any firmware update that might fix the problem. I had a philips 880 about a year ago and that could handle all I through at it so was expecting at least as good from the panny. Anyone got any advice or I may have to sell it.

2. Delh68

Delh68

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Had a quick look in the manual, & looks like it will only do 60Hz in NTSC, so that may be worth a try, selecting NTSC in the setup menu, although i would guess the chances were slim.
    A apparent downfall of this recorder is you have to manually select everything, & it does nothing itself. I agree, having had access to a Philips 610, that the Philips are more user friendly, & do alot the stuff themselves

Delh68