1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Panasonic 32PM11

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by spett, Aug 30, 2005.

1. spett

spett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Today i got my new TV. A Panasonic 32PM11.

At first i was really pleased with it. The picture quality was great and everything worked. But now when i have tried to play Xbox on it, i have encountered a problem.

When i start a game or application on the Xbox in 16:9, the screen is a little "too big". I get a small black boarder at the right side of the screen. This is not such a big problem for me... the problem however is that the TV is changing the position of the screen depending on what is shown on it. So the small black boarder constantly gets a little smaler or a little bigger. Really annoying!
    So when i for example pan the camera in a game.. the boarder changes shape. Grrr!

I have read the manual and tried to change about all settings but nothing works. I have tried different cables to the Xbox.. i have even tried a gamecube and the same problem accurs. This wierd screen thing ONLY happens on the AV-channels. Just watching the TV works perfect.
    I doesent matter what format i have. 16:9, auto, 4:3 etc.. the problem is always there.

Can anyone help me? Why is it like this and what can i do about it?
    Thanks

2. Seepy

Seepy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you tried changing your xbox to widscreen mode it's in the dashboard along with your game saves and music :)

3. spett

spett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i have done that. It makes the boarder a little smaller so it helps a little that way. But that wierd auto-adjust-thing is still there. If there is such a thing o_O

4. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    What you are experiencing is a "breathing" problem of the screen...most CRTs act that way when a bright field is show, and is very visible near the end of the screen...since most game consoles require screen alignment to be performed in order for them to center on screen properly they sometimes show black overscan where the "pumping" problem is very visible...don't bother with this phenomenon becuase it is common to most displays and you will never get rid of it...if you center the consoles's screen properly it should virtually go unnoticed....