1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with optical aplitter and Kenwood KRF-V5050D

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by junpit, Jan 10, 2005.

1. junpit

junpit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have posted this in here as this is probably the best place to get an answer. I have been having problems with my audio setup for about 8 weeks now and wonder what people think has changed.

XBOX-------> ------> Thrustmaster T510 Dolby Headphones
    ---- SPLITTER --->
    SKY+-------> ------> Kenwood KRF-V5050D

OK. As you can see I have optical apltters for the following setup which has stopped working in part. The XBOX and Sky+ system both emit an output signal which confuse the decoders in the setup. So one has to be switched off and then sound is available from my amp and headphone decoder.

When XBOX is off and Sky+ is on, the system works flawlessly and sound is available through headphones and through the amp in glorious DTS and DD.

When XBOX is on and Sky+ is off, only sound is available in the headphones and not my amp. I have checked and interchanged all the optical cables and this is not the problem.

Hence I have a problem with my amp or my xbox. Strangely enough if you plug the xbox directly into the amp (bypassing the splitter), it works fine and also with the headphones. Its just the split signal that fails.

I have noticed that the signal from the xbox is very slightly less bright than that from the Sky+ system and hence I am erring towards a problem with my xbox HDTV adapter which is what creates my optical signal.

Like I said this all worked flawlessly for over a year.

Any thoughts?

Darren