1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with NTL TV signal to Projector via Pioneer NS-DV55

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by anflemin, Nov 4, 2004.

1. anflemin

anflemin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought an Epson EMP-TW10H LCD projector which I would like to be able to use for both my DVD player (Pioneer NS-DV55 all-in-one Home Cinema) and digital cable TV (NTL with a Pace digi-box).

The projector has a choice of S-VHS, RGB Component video and Composite video inputs and since the Pioneer system has S-VHS inputs and outputs I thought the easiest acceptable image quality option would be to stick with S-VHS. Playing DVDs is fine but the problem is with the cable TV image. I am routing the cable box via the Pioneer DVD through a SCART to S-VHS interconnect, my smart idea being that then I only need the one connection between the DVDs S-VHS output and the projector. However, when I send the cable TV signal to the projector it is black and white.

I have checked settings on all 3 devices and I suspect that the problem might be down to the available signals from the digi-box - only RGB or composite are listed as options. Does this mean I can't send the cable signal through the DVD's S-VHS inputs/outputs and into the projector's S-VHS output. If so, I'm assuming I can get round this by using SCART to RGB direct from digi-box to projector, it's just that I was hoping to minimise the plugging and un-plugging, not to mention the cost of buying a second 5 metre video cable!

Any suggestions gratefully reveived.

Cheers.

2. JamesTapp

JamesTapp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are right, the NTL box can't output SVideo. Try an RGB2SVideo convertor from www.jstechnology.com to acheive your original aim of SVideo looped through the DVD player.

James