Problems with new setup Denon 2803 and OSD

S

systemsetup

Finally my new system arrived today and taken the day off to have fun setting up BUT hit a snag...

I'm trying to access OSD for the amp (Denon 2803), took me a while to notice the manuals small print that OSD not fed via component so rushed out to buy a s-video to scart lead (only have scart/vga/component ports available on panny 6).

But still cant see the OSD :(

Noticed the classic comment in the manual:

"Can't see OSD then it may be set to off - access OSD and set to on" LOL.

(Just in case this was problem I did factory reset).

Dying to get this setup for a first viewing this evening.

Anxiously awaiting a helpful reply :)

Cheers

Not totally sure off hand, but isn't there an 'On Screen Display' button, I think this cycles through some different display options. Once it's on the correct one, I think the 'System Setup' button should take you into your OSD?!?

Nothing in front of me so may be way of the mark though :rolleyes:

Giz.

Have you checked the scart socket on the panny is set to receive S-Video, they don't always do this automatically.

Hello, I just use an old composite lead.

ajax.

Originally posted by Anth-M
Have you checked the scart socket on the panny is set to receive S-Video,

After you check that, ensure your telly is actually receiving ANY signal at all. Many television models don't "wake up" with just the OSD signal input, so power up your DVD player or Sky box too.

Thanks everyone.

I was too disappointed to not be able to play with my toy that I got an installer round.

Problem all sorted - too embarrased to tell you what I actually did wrong!

It would be helpful to me if you or anyone else who has got round this problem can post up how they managed it - my new Denon 2803 is connected up to my TV via a S-Video lead, running between Monitor Output socket on back of the Denon to S-Video Input on TV - got Remote in 'Amp' mode, press OSD / Set Up buttons and - nothing.

Denon's consumer advice line is shut for the weekend and the dealer I bought the 2803 from isn't answering their phone at the minute so any help GREATLY appreciated.

One last chance for someone, anyone to help before it goes back to the shop ??

:lease:

Is the TV enabled to pick up the S-Video signal? Some TV's have to be configured to receive it.

If so and there's still nothing you could try a Processor Reset (tells you how in the manual). Bear in mind everything will be reset to the factory defaults.

Another possibility could be a duff cable.

First two suggestions already discounted - AV input on TV has been set up for S-Video and have done Processor reset several times - I do suspect however that a faulty S-Video Cable might be a possibility so will get a replacement and try that.

Does your TV have a Composite input? (yellow phono). If so, try the Composite Monitor Output of the amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom