Problems With New Amstrad Sky+ Box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by EL DOONUS, Feb 13, 2005.

1. EL DOONUS

EL DOONUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My father got Sky+ installed just before xmas on my recommendation.It's been problamatic since day1.The clock keeps going back and recordings are continually failing with 'unknown reason'.Programs are in the planner while recording then show failed or dissappear.Also the memory usage left shows 8% when the sum of recorded programs and the bar at the top are nearer 50%.He has phoned Sky umpteen times,had software upgrades and reboots but nothing has helped.He's now getting the line that it's a known problem with these particular boxes and that they are working on it.They refuse to give him a new box(re-conditioned has been mentioned)and that the subsciption he pays is for the Sky service and not Sky+ so they are not liable in any way.Anyone else had similar issues???

2. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had the exact same problem with my Amstrad box but the planner rebuild function at least retrived the space. Although one independent engineer said that this was bad for the HDD and shouldn't be performed and you should call an engineer out to do a full defrag for you. I suspect they were just trying to get more call out fees :nono: Sky CS usually recommend this first anyway but may want to try this at your own risk, if not done already,

This is rubbish, IMO, you paid for the Sky+ box so, at the very least, the box is under warranty and must be repaired or replaced with a new box.

May also have some rights under the Sale Of Goods Act 1979 if the problem was notified to them quickly, not fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality. Try a google search for more information on this.

If all else fails an e-mail to james.murdoch@bskyb.com usually gets a dedicated Exec Customer services representative involved.

Wackojacko32

3. EL DOONUS

EL DOONUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers mate.Going to get his account number etc and e-mail the heed honcho.He really has been treated attrociously.Will post how we get on

4. EL DOONUS

EL DOONUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    E-mail to Mr Murdoch Monday,phone call Monday night and Tuesday from customer services executive,engineer out today and Amstrad box replaced with Pace box.If only Sky's normal customer service could be so efficient.

:smashin:

:clap: