1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with my Skyview card

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dothillbenny, Jan 25, 2005.

1. dothillbenny

dothillbenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've just got a Skyview card for my old digibox that I had spare since I upgraded to SKY+ . I put the card in and after an hour still no joy- all I get is BBC 1-4. The rest of the channels just say card not authorised !

Do I have to force a software update? If so how do I do that ?

Any help appreciated!

Cheers
    Dothillbenny

2. Dillz

Dillz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I assume it is a blue card with the yellow house on it?

If so I recently had the same problem. I put the card in the box mid afternoon, switched it on and kept checking to see if the other channels had cleared. Even checked before I went to bed - still no picture.

Checked on the net and read it could take up to 24 hours so left it switched on overnight and by the morning the card had updated and I was getting a picture :clap:

Hopefully you have the same problem and you just have to leave the card in the box a bit longer.

3. dothillbenny

dothillbenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that!
    I'll just have to be patient

Cheers
    Dothillbenny

4. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you got the card from Sky just give them a call and ask them to activate it. You will need to be in front of your TV when you ring them. Or if the box is connected to the phone line you can do it yourself. Press services,4,0,1,select.This takes you to the installer set up. Choose option 6 and follow the on screen prompts.

5. dothillbenny

dothillbenny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that!
    I did ring them last night and they said they would send out a signal and it could take up to 24hrs
    By the time I went to bed everything seemed to working apart from the fact that the TV planner didn't recognise ITV1 C4 and C5. Anyway woke up this morning and as if by magic there they were!! :thumbsup:

I must admit I'm very impressed with the selection of channels you can for free. No wonder SKY don't promote this service on their main website, if it wasn't for the fact that I have to pay £35 a month in order to get the SKY+ recording facility I'd cancel my subscription downstairs!

Cheers
    dothillbenny