1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with my Pioneer433HDE. Can anyone help? please?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by CMan, Jul 14, 2003.

1. CMan

CMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Hi there,
    I have been an owner of the Pioneer 433HDE plasma since January. I have been experiencing no faults whatsoever until today.

The first problem I noticed was that it took the plasma longer to boot up from cold.

When it finally started up I noticed that when I pressed the teletext button on the remote nothing happened

I have checked the remote batteries and all the other buttons and it just seems to be the teletext button that does not work.
    I shut down the plasma and media box and waited a few mins and then turn them both on and the same slower boot up was present, to my annoyance the teletext button on the remote was "dead".

The final problem is that AV1 which is set to RGB for the PS2 does not automatically switch channels when the PS2 is powered up.
    I have checked the connections on both the AV1 socket and back of PS2 and I am still experiencing the same problem.

Like I said none of these problems were present until just today.

I have unplugged the power to the media receiver fearing that the problems might have to do with overheating.

I will plug the power back into the media player later tomorrow and check if I get the same problems.

Other than the 3 problems I got everything is in perfect working order, which seems strange.

Has anyone had any similar problems? or does anyone know if these problems can be solved?

Any advice/help will be most appreciated.

2. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CMan

You're in luck..(so to speak)

See my post of last October below which I think you will agree mirrors exactly the problems you are experiencing.

My probem came about after I had a look in the system menu..have you been doing same?:nono:

Anyways in the end I phoned Pioneer who put me through to one of their service centres. They were aware of the problem I was experiencing (not the first) and replaced the box free of charge - even came to my house and fitted it just to make sure. (nice people Pioneer)....

I haven't had a problem since. Then again I haven't gone near the service menu and will not be ever again.

Suggest you give the supplier a call in the first instance. If still under warranty should be no problem. Even if it isn't a call to Pioneer will probably put you on the right track.

Good luck.

..............................................................................
    Problem with Pioneer Media Box!

Seems like my PDP 503 HDE media box has developed a little quirk...it seems to 'forget' that it's meant to deliver teletext on a consistent basis.

Problem developed a few weeks ago, however if you disonnect the unit from the mains then reconnect after 20 mins or so it comes back. Unfortunately when you next switch into standby off and then restart - it's gone again. It just comes up with message saying "Teletext not available" and you are obliged to go through the power down process once again.

Have tried resetting the unit using procedure in manual (button on the front) but that doesn't work either. Likewise it's not the aerial as I have other TV working 100%..

Another interesting effect is that it now takes up to 15 secs from pressing standby to ignite the screen. Can't remember exactly how long it took before but I can't remember it being that long.

Grateful for any suggestions anyone?

tks.

3. cjdshaw

cjdshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got exactly the same thing. Powering the media box off and on using the button on the front seems to fix it. At some point I'll give my dealer a ring and get him to sort it out, but I haven't got round to it yet.

4. CMan

CMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Cheers for the advice Huss. I have not sent off my registration card off yet :rolleyes:
    I will do that first before I contact pioneer or my dealer.

The problem occured when I accidently pressed standby on the remote.

I disconnected the media box from the mains and connected it back after a few mins and now it seems to be working fine.

But I will send off my reg. card before I call pioneer or my dealer for a replacement media box.

heh heh cjdshaw I hope you get it sorted before the warranty expires ;)

Thanks for the advice Huss.