1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with my picture on Panasonic TH42PE50B

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by BlairH, Jun 19, 2005.

1. BlairH

BlairH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hello, first post.
    I'm having some picture problems with my home cinema system. When playing a DVD on my TH42PE50B plasma TV I can see some strange anomalies which I shall describe. If you look closely at dark (especially "black" areas of the picture) I can see loads of moving dark purple squares, now I've done some picture editing in my time and it kind of reminds me of JPEG compression, but I've never seen anything like it on my other TV and DVD system.

My system is as follows
    Denon 3910 DVD playa'
    Panasonic TH42PE50B

Can you please help me figure out what's up. I was kinda expecting a better home cinema experience than this!

I'm using a QED component lead (could you also tell me if this is a decent way to set up my DVD player)

2. MrNPG

MrNPG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I have the same plasma as you and yes, I notice this too. I think all plasmas have this "side effect" to some extent.

I used to notice it with certain DVDs on my previous 32" CRT but it is just more noticable on a bigger screen. That is one of the negatives of getting a big screen, the bigger it is, the more you notice these "imperfections".