1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with my Panasonic PT-L592U LCD Video Projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by good_friend6, Oct 11, 2004.

1. good_friend6

good_friend6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Panasonic PT-L592U LCD Video Projector's image on the screen shows up overcast, as you can see from the attached pictures. Purple and green shows up like it needs focused! Do you know what is wrong with the projector or what part(s) I need to replace? :confused: :lease:

Attached Files:

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi and welcome to the forums....

Did this happen overnight ? How long have you had the projector ? at first sight it looks like way off convergence of the LCD panels, or some screw-up in the optics, did you drop the projector ?

One way or the other this doesn't look to me like a diy fixable problem....

Sean G.

3. good_friend6

good_friend6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This did not happen overnight...I bought it this way, the guy I bought it from said it had a slight overcast, that it was fixable and was not bad at all , but the color was good. I have had the projector 2 weeks, maybe less. If it is a convergence on the LCD panel, how can I fix it?

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Look, you're new here and you're welcome to the best advice that can be offered, so don't take this the wrong way...............

I have never heard the expression "overcast" used in reference to a projector (that's not to say it isn't a valid term) but I usually hear that when I listen to the weather forecast.... if this is "not bad at all" I'd hate to see what bad looks like - it looks FUBAR'ed to me..... I dont know how much you paid for this and a very big part of me doesn't want to know.... did you see the state of this in action before you bought it ? - I presume not........

Re-aligning LCD panels (if that's all that's wrong with it - the rest of it looks woefully out of focus, which would make me suspicious of the rest of the optics..) can be done but I wouldn't say it was a task for the faint-hearted. There's a post here by a member called LTJ who has done an LCD panel removal and re-adjustment, IIRC, in the course of cleaning his projector. I wouldn't recommend you going to go down this route unless you're familiar and comfortable with working with the innards of electronic devices while they're plugged in and switched on - in other words the standard warning applies - if you f00k yourself up, it's your decision. I'd advise getting an opinion from a projector tech on the problem and a copy of the service manual (before you ask, Google and lots of searching is your friend) so you might have some idea of what's involved.

I'd be inclined to get on to whoever sold you this and complain long and loud, although after two weeks they may be in a strong position to claim that it looked nothing like that when they sold it to you, and told you it had a problem anyway....

An alternative to the DIY route is to contact the guy in the thread at the very top of the page advertising projector repairs and ask him what he thinks.

I don't envy you - it seems to me that if it had feathers it would be very nervous of Christmas approaching............. lets hope there's a fix for this and you get into the world of projectors for real.....

Sean G.