Problems with my Onkyo receiver

G

Gerrit_smit_br

Dear members,

This is my first question on this forum. I noticed something strange, and I'd like to know if somebody experienced the problem I have.

I have an Onky TX-SR602 receiver, with a 2/2.1 setup.
Sometimes, let's say once per week or so, when I turn on the receiver, it only processes sound from the front-left speaker. Sometimes it doesn't process any sound at all, and sometimes it doesn't process sound from the surround speakers.
This problem has a very effective and simple solution: just turn off and on again, and then the sound is processed correctly.

An important information is that I always unplug the receiver, I never keep the receiver in stand-by mode.

1) This is not a wiring problem
2) This is not a problem of the source-signal. It happens with the tuner, CD, and DVD
3) It ONLY happens when I turn on the receiver, and only sometimes.
4) It never happens during a session.
5) It is not a setup problem

I think it might be caused by a software problem in the processor, or by some kind of interference from another signal. I already installed a line-filter ( 125Volts ) but the problem ocurred again last weekend.

Does anyone know what is happening? Even if you don't have an Onkyo receiver, did you ever experience problems like this?

Thanks,
Gerrit Smit, Brazil

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom