Problems with my new Samsung LCD TV

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by justin.jacobi, Apr 26, 2007.

1. justin.jacobi

justin.jacobi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I recently purchased a Samsung LE32R74BDX and I have been having problems with the picture and sound cutting out at intermittent intervals for a few seconds at a time... This does not happen when I am watching a DVD or when it is plugged in to a terestrial ariel. It only seems to be happening when plugged in to my Samsung Virgin Media digital set top box via a scart lead....

I have used this set top box on another smaller Bush LCD tv in the past with no issues....

Samsung have told me that it is not an isssue with the TV as it works OK when watching a DVD and terestrial TV...

Virgin Media have told me that it is not a problem with their system so I do not know what to do...

Can anyone please advise if they have heard of this issue and if there is anything that I can do to resolve my problem with the TV or my Set top box....

thanks

2. mykyl1966

mykyl1966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This proves that Virgin Media customer support folks dont talk to each other. This cutting out of sound is a known problem as has been said a number of times on these forums. Do a search on these forums then call them back and dont let yourself be fobbed off any more. They may say they need to swap out your box... that wont make a difference or it did not do anything for me. Its the entire system that is at fault. The sooner they start communicating with each other the sooner the system may be fixed.

Cheers

Mike R

3. markymark34

markymark34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    its vm fault.
    as i type im on a 30 min hold (6th phone call in 3 weeks).

think we should start a we love VM thread, its very depressing in here at times.

mark

ps hate the stupid on hold music.