problems with my audio

kayjay1814

Standard Member
I have a lg tv an lg surround system, and a Virgin V+ my problem is I cant get audio from tv to my speakers, my set up is HDMI from V+ to tv, HDMI tv to surround system, optical Toslink cable from V+ to surround system.
any assistance grately appreciated Thanks Jim:lease:

mike7

Distinguished Member
Go into the settings menu on the V Box, display and audio settings,change hdmi over-ride. Should sort your problem.

kayjay1814

Standard Member
Hi Mike thanks for your advice I did what you said but to no avail, I have tried all permatations, tv to V+ V+ to surround system, and surround to tv I think I am using the right terminals but I am no Techy, Regards Jim

mike7

Distinguished Member
Sorry to hear that. Just what is the model number of your LG Surround system? Some surround systems are not capable of using external inputs, they just work with integral DVD's or Blu Rays.

You should only need to connect the HDMI output from the V+ to a HDMI input on the TV. If the system is to work at all the optical output of the V+ should go to the optical input of your surround system - if it has one.

mike7

Distinguished Member
There only seems to be a brief mention on page 23 of the manual that the optical inputs can be used from another device. It seems a bit vague on the matter. If this will not work then I have no idea why. These all-in-one devices are often not very friendly to digital sources from elsewhere. I suggest you try LG enquiries. Only a few programmes are transmitted in 5.1 sound, but you should be getting stereo with the rest.

kayjay1814

Standard Member
Mike, finally sorted out the problem, went into tv setup turned of speakers job done Thank you very much for all your help
Regards Jim :clap:

themediaman

i was giong to suggest trying both optical inputs on the 405...........

what was the problem in the end..........the tv speakers....? the tv should ave been muted...!

themediaman

so did the 405 not output anything at all when connected with optical to the v+.....

you could listen to sound from your TV ans speakers at the same time, all be it echoey probably, but still both..............but there is no need for the tv speakers once 5.1 is installed.........

Oh well, all fixed now...............I love my 405......

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom