Problems with my 3rd Toshiba 32ZP18P

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by steve35, Oct 24, 2001.

1. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, third tv and still problems I feel.
    1. The glass doesnt seem to be flat, causing what I feel to be excessive dull reflections on the screen. Is this the case with all of these tv's and I maybe didnt notice it before?
    2. I was watching a film last night and on dark scenes there was a discernible green tinge to the top and bottom thirds of the screen. Any thoughts on this?
    3. Some programmes, especially cartoons seem to shimmer on bright scenes. Any ideas?

Im scared to contact QED again and would like some expert advice preferably this evening before I phone them tomorrow.

Cheers

Steve.

2. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,147
    cant give you any 'professional' advice, but if this is your 3rd one, it sounds to me like there are far too many issues with the tv that bother you, for you to be ever trully satisfied with this set or any future replacement. I dont mean this as a critisism, as i've been there myself. I would start thinking about getting them to swap it for a different manufacture - while the good will is still there (assuming you havent had any of them that long)

just my thoughts

joe

3. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh, and also theres really thick red lines on contrasting scenes in bottom right hand corner!

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i certainly don't have the problems you have.

I have noticed that the tv is more prone to speakers close to the tv than my previous sets. (all toshiba).

If you have skydigital go to music choice (480 i think) and put the tv into Super Live - Is the picture all red or is their discolouration?

Turn the tv off and then back on again and see if the discolouration is still there.

Now, turn to an unused channel so you get a blue screen and do the same as above.

I know you can change the colour on screen in the service menu but this saves you having to go into the menu.

5. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody else care to comment?