1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with mp3players.co.uk

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by porker, Dec 16, 2004.

1. porker

porker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I ordered a player from them 11 days ago supposedly for next day delivery, when it didn't turn up I gave it another 2 days before ringing, they said it was being despatched that day.
    A few days after that I rang again to be told there had been a problem with my credit card being accepted, but strangely the same card was accepted no problem when I gave them the number over the phone. :mad:
    They also told me they had tried to contact me by email several times - none of which I received (yes, they did have the correct email address).
    It's now supposed to be getting delivered tomorrow, not holding out much hope to be honest. :(

Anyone else with experience of this outfit?

2. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there - my experience with this bunch has not been totally satisfactory either.

I ordered headphones pretty early (9.25am) on Wednesday the 7th of December expecting next day delivery (as advertised on their website). I received an email confirming my order, but then received no further email to confirm despatch of my order or give me a tracking reference (something most decent online retailers do).

The next day, no headphones. I called them at 1pm and they confirmed that the headphones HAD been sent out and that the courier could still deliver up until 5pm that day - so I stayed home all day just in case. No delivery.

I called again the next morning asking for the reference number of the despatch. This turned out to be Royal Mail. I did eventually get the headphones that day and everything seemed to be in order.

HOWEVER, on viewing my credit card statement online on the 16th of December, I noticed that the MP3players retailer (which goes under the legal name of Vionic Technology Ltd) had debited my account TWICE on the 13th of December.

I called them on the morning of the 17th and spoke to Steve who said that he could see the double charge, and would process a credit. To date (27th Dec), this has not been done.

I have posted a message of complaint via their website. Unfortunately my card statement date is the 3rd of January (the retailer's office is closed until thr 4th) so I will have to pay the additional £39 to avoid interest charges.

I'm not happy with the whole experience of buying from this company (it was my first purchase from them) and it will take some action on their part to get me to use them again after the late delivery (okay - it was just one day, but it meant that a family member didn't get their birthday present on time) and double charging.

I'll post any update on the situation here.

Cheers,
    Adele.

3. woody57

woody57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Same problem with TRIBAL.UK ,money taken from my account 5/12 lots of promises from what was on their site a stock item,zen sleek ,one dissapointed granchild,still waiting abrupt answers to E- mails,have cancelled wonder how long to get my account re credited?

4. recsnmisc

recsnmisc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry to hear that.Thanks for the heads up. I won't buy from those sellers. Good luck with your ongoing feuds with them.
    Give them hell!:devil:

5. NikB

NikB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Had the same problem with that company, took about 3 weeks to get a delivery, won't be using them again.

6. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got the following response from MP3 Players today -

Time: 09:32:36 04/01/2006

Message: Hi, Thats been done this morning for you. Do to the mad christmas rush everything is allover, apologise for the delay.

Kindest Regards

MP3Players.co.uk

No credit on the online statement as of yet - will wait to see what date THAT comes through!!

Cheers,
    Adele.

7. Melkor

Melkor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Ordered a Samsung LE26R41BD from this company 2 weeks before Christmas, with a 10 day max delivery. I'm sitting here on January 5th with still no TV. There phone lines were constantly engaged before Christmas, this company is a **** take

8. gilhunter

gilhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take action! Visit this forum [mod comment - link removed]. There's a lot of unhappy people out there!

Last Edited by JohnG to remove link to a google group as there are only 6 members of that group and 2 posts, so it doesn't seem like a lot of unhappy people !

9. Walko

Walko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    5 WEEKS LATE

25 Minutes put on hold - I hung up then

STILL NOTHING :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

- They have no support what so ever, they have sent me 1 email after I have sent at least 20 to all of their email addresses on their website.

- There One phone number is always engaged, the one time i did get through they put me on hold for 25 minutes.

- They took £1200 of me staright away and I aint had a bean.

- Absolutey Rubbish, They haven't said sorry at all.

- I looked on Shopping.com they pointed me to mp3players as a TRUSTED SHOP, recommended. What a joke. Check out shopping.coms comments now, the last month has been obviuolsy a lot of people with the same trouble.

- STAY AWAY pass the word on they are a joke.

10. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,335
    Is there any way you can cancel your payment by contacting your credit card company ? I would also be looking to contacting trading standards if I were you.

11. doctorjuggles

doctorjuggles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I dealt with them about 3 years back, took an age to get a refund on a very, very poor quality product which they shipped.

I haven't been near their site since and advise all of my friends not to either.

12. recsnmisc

recsnmisc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Boycott!

13. Fedup

Fedup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wish I found this thread before I bought a player from them last year

I would strongly advise you NOT to buy anything from this outfit.

You can try and call them, but you're on hold for 20mins or more, then get cut off, then if you do get through they fob you off, they never call you back.

Avoid like the plauge :thumbsdow

14. robpok

robpok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problems with them last year when purchasing a CD/MP3 player. Twas faulty (most probably not their fault), but took an age to get a refund, communication was poor (said they'd ring you back, but nothing etc..). In the end I basically sent the faulty mp3 back to them whether they liked it or not, attached with a gaint letter when various quotes from the Trading Standards website. Eventually got a refund soon after that.

15. goulding_uk

goulding_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had a very simliar problem, purchased a TV worth over £600 for them. On there website they quoted 10-14 days delievery, 14 days had past not had any response from them about my order, yet with 24hours of taking my order, payment was taken from my account.

Sent several emails asking for further information and time scale, only to be replied to once saying "We will ring you when", now to me thats not good customer communication to start with.

Ive lost count the number of times I tried phoning this company to trace my order, only to be told phones are busy or an enaged tone. I finally got through, spoke to someone, music was loud in the background, told her my order number and she cut me off.

Unprofessional to say the least.

You can only take so much, finally I contact my credit card company, trading standards and consumers direct, who advised me the best way to proceed.

I've sent a final email, and within hours of sending cancelling my order, asking full a full refund within 14days, and written confirmation as stated in Consumers Act, they replied with a simple.

"This e-mail is to confirm that your order has now been cancelled"

No apology etc.

STAY WELL CLEAR, PAY THE LITTLE BIT EXTRA OF A TRUSTED SITE.

Still havent got my TV :( given up, it must be bad luck.

Craig

16. Teepeg

Teepeg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had nothing but problems with mp3players.co.uk.

Stay well clear. If you ever have to return anything to them, things get even worse.

Cowboys.

17. HFK1001

HFK1001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like most of you are in the UK/Ireland, so this bit of advice might not always work for you: when dealing with an e-tailer I'm unfamilar with I always check resellerratings.com before purchasing. Unfortunately, the company that is mentioned in this thread is not listed: the site might be USA-centric. Of course, I try to stick with etailers that have done well by me in the past (Newegg, Amazon, Onecall) but, if I can't find what I need there I:

1. Check resellerratings.com

and/or

2. Browse/post-to forums concerning the type of product I'm purchasing.

I rarely have an e-purchase that goes awry.

18. henar5

henar5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.
    I have also been done by them for £319 for Cowon IAudio -30Gb.They took my money and when I checked them last night they are going into Liquidation so everyone can say goodbye to their items,we have been conned.
    Arwyn

19. Fedup

Fedup

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This outfit has now ceased trading and is currently entering liquidation.

I'm hoping my CC company will sort something out for me, but i'm not holding my breath

20. fergie2209

fergie2209

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have checked the web site they seem to have morphed into advancedmp3 players see below

ionic Technology T/A mp3players.co.uk has ceased trading and is currently entering liquidation.For queries regarding payments or refunds, please contact your card issuer.For returns/technical support, please contact the manufacturer of your product.For your MP3 player needs, we recommend Advancedmp3players.co.uk
    Advancedmp3players.co.uk will NOT be able to give you any information about Vionic Technology
    Advancedmp3players.co.uk have not bought Vionic Technology/mp3players.co.uk
    Advancedmp3players.co.uk are in no way associated with Vionic Technology/mp3players.co.uk

I purchased a squeezebox from advanced mp3 players took a week and a half delivery because of incomplete address details. Raised a ticket with support I thought I had a faulty item they replied and told me to contact the manufacturer great service seems that although adavancemp3players have nothing to do with mp3players they suffer from the same lack of service.

I hope they don't last too long.

21. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,335
    I've bought stuff from Advanced MP3 players in the past and not had any problems at all.

22. fathazza

fathazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    aye, mp3players.co.uk deserved to go down the drain in my opinion...

never answered one of my calls or emails... with customer service like that its no wonder....

23. mhorton

mhorton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Advanced MP3 players, are a very very good company.

Order loads of stuff from them with only one problem, and that was because City Link stole my mp4 player. Called them and they sent me other one without any problems.

24. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I agree totally, Advancedmp3 seem to be a good company to deal with. Advanced MP3 Players Retail Ltd (advancedmp3players.co.uk) based in Scotland has nothing to do with the aforemantioned mp3players.co.uk or Vionic Technology Ltd based in Nottingham. Advancedmp3players may well have just bought the website address to point potential customers to their own website thats all.

25. windie

windie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Must agree with neilmcl and others on this Advanced MP3 players should not be confused with the recently demised mp3players.co.uk. Completely different company who have always been excellent when myself and friends have used them.

26. martynh

martynh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bugger - I returned my MP3 player to them a few weeks ago for repair and was wondering why I'd heard nothing :(
    Anyone have any idea whether there is anything I can do? :lease:

27. martynh

martynh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like when they redirect you to advancedmp3players they are earning money as an affiliate (the URL goes via affiliatefuture.com), the cheek of the b@stards :mad: :mad:

28. mhorton

mhorton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Thats a bit naughty doing that. Some people might get confused thinking that they are the same company. I'll email Advanced Mp3 Players to see if they are aware of this.

29. mhorton

mhorton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +225
    Emailed them and this is what I got.

30. benbenbenben

benbenbenben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was planning on buying something from mp3players.co.uk and was lulled over by a decent web design. But after watching the news (depressing) I decided it would be best to check out some feedback. To my utter disbelief there was none on their website, so did a Google!Search and found this.

Looks dissapointing. Not going to order with them. Thanks for all your advice :thumbsup: !