problems with modern lcd's - summary

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by white_lightning, Jan 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. white_lightning

white_lightning
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

can someone please help me choose and lcd by listing all known issues with the below lcd's and if the problems have been sorted or not. il be wathing football mostly(sd) and using my ps3(24p).

The threads that are specific for the below tv's are getting very very long to read thru start to finish, so i was just hoping someone could summerise the problems quickly and if the tv's are now fixed with firmware updates etc ................

i am interesed in:

Samsung lem87,
    Samsung F86 and
    Toshiba Z3030

2. mickbirch2000

mickbirch2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Samsungs are slightly more unreliable & dont do auto aspect switching via HDMI , on the plus side are picture quality especially blacks & smooth motion.
    Toshiba sets are generally reliable & do auto aspect switching via HDMI but blacks can be dark grey & some sets have backlight bleed.
    This is a big generalisation there are many other aspects
    of certain models.

3. deadmonkey

deadmonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Assuming that there isn't anyone here who owns all three you're expecting what here, that someone else will go through all the threads and summarise them for you?

I can't quite see that happening ;)

4. KUBBY

KUBBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +664
    Hi,

Sorry cant agree with the Samsung less reliable comment.

I sold my 2yr old R41 last year and its still going strong,glitch free.

I now have the M87 and, as you probobly know there were Freeviw Judder and Toslink dropout issues with this model.

THESE HAVE NOW BEEN FIXED. V1012 is the firmware version required and after overair upgrades it appears now that sets are supplied with it installed.

The PQ on this set is great,colour is bright and blacks are just that altogethere a great viewing experience in either SD or HD but particularly with the latter (Full HD screen,see )

Try viewing the Samsung next to a Toshiba.The most noticable issue will be black level.Toshiba's definition of black is actually grey and side by side there is just no arguement.

But I might just be biased.

5. white_lightning

white_lightning
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys,

with the above models, are all of the problems with the 24p been fixed with regaurds to using the ps3 to play games and watch movies.

Or is there still judder problems?