1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with media in Toshiba RDXS32, please help.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Taz69, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Taz69

Taz69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hiya all, i have the Toshiba RDXS32 which is about 3 months old from John Lewis, my problem is it seems very fussy with media.

There is no problem playing normal R2 dvds, the problem occurs when I burn a film/series etc from the HDD to the DVD, I use Ritek G04 media which I have had no problems in the past on other players, the errors I get is when I have copied a film from hdd to dvd and finalise it, some of the times I get the error "the disk is damaged or dirty" etc, it will not play on the tosh but plays on another player ok. Most of the time it takes about 45 seconds to start the disk, then sometimes it plays the title others it says the above error message. is this common on the tosh? is there some settings I have to change etc, I normally add chapters to the title for convience more than anything.

Thanks

Taz

2. robkgriffiths

robkgriffiths
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ahad exactly the same problems with Ritek G04 discs. I have tried the datasafe greys since and they work perfectly. I suggest you look them up on www.blankdiscshop.co.uk .

3. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly the same problem. Soemtimes mine take 5-20 mins durring which you can't do a thing.

Mine is about 3 months old but I've only just (about a month) started to play DVD's in it.

Is this something that has got worse with time or has it always been like this.

Odd that a few people are now having problems that didn't happen a few months ago???

Datawrite greys seem to work better but I have still had the error message on a couple off them.

4. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Never had any media problems with mine - but the Ritek 04s are a problem - the NEC 2510a I use with my laptop didn't like them at all.

Datawrite x4 and x8 have worked every time with my x32.