1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with matrix'd xbox ..help needed

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Mr.D, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Hello

Had my Xbox chipped with a matrix modchip a few months back and its been fine.Occasionally I'd need to restart it a few time to get it into the evolutionx dashboard but its always got there in the end.

Now its dead. It seems to boot and the Xbox logo is green (instead of red as it should be ). Thn it drops into an error screen "13" .The chip itself seems to be installed correctly.(just checked it...solid green light).

I'm assuming the bios on the chip has become corrupted somehow . If I reflash it in the usual manner will that be all I need to do? I won't have to reinstall the harddrive from scratch again?

Any help??

2. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Sorry dude, as I'm kind of new to this modding stuff myself I can't offer any advice other than to ask on the www.xbox-scene.com forums and look through all the good info on the site

:(

Hope you can sort it

3. Daithi

Daithi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They have a tendancy to move but still give the green LED. This is a false positive result and you will very probably be fine if you can move the chip fractionally. I use a chopstick through the grill on the side for mine if it's not booting, I turn it on while pressing lightly on it and it does the trick.

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    Many thanks for the advice.
    Reseated the chip last night and its back in working order.
    Thanks again