1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Marantz SR7200

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Matthew J Taylo, Jan 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whilst searching the web for reviews on this amp, they never seem to review the amp's that I buy!! I found quite a few punters who's SR7200 which made an audible pop sound when changing functions, i.e. TV - DVD etc.

I then found some info saying that there was a dodgy batch of SR7200 recievers that Marantz were fixing / replacing within a range if serial numbers, I think my machine (N2B/MZ000137001438) is within the ranges - see below!!

Text from the net ------

I anxiously await the arrival of this receiver. After reading all the posts here, I decided to call Marantz technical support and ask them directly about the problems reportedly associated with this unit. The individual I talked to was to the point in admitting they'd had problems with an early production run. He said anyone buying one of these should just check the serial number for the first 6 digits. As long as the serial number started with "MZ0202" ... (2002 model) you'd be in the "clear" of getting a "bug free" unit.

------------------------------

So, I've emailed Marantz 3 times & no reply, Superfi in Camden have rung them countless times & they say they don't know anything about this problem, AHHH it's all over the internet!!

Any suggestions to take this forwards? any similar problems?

Matt

2. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    Someone is lying to you - this problem was mainly found in the US, but a few machines that made it to the UK also suffered (it was the very first 7200's that were affected). Marantz UK was and is well aware of this and should fix the problem if yours is affected.

I bought my 7200 in January 2002, and the dealer advised me at the time of purchase that some 7200's had a problem and that mine would be swapped without question if mine was affected. It turned out to not affect mine so I took it no further.

Ring Marantz yourself - e-mails are too easy to ignore.

3. Matthew J Taylo

Matthew J Taylo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Mr Green Plastic tree's

Many thanks for your advice, I will call them to at least get them to recognise the problem & then see what happen's from then on. I think my machine is ok but it does have quite differing volume levels between functions (DPL 11, normal CD & CD direct)?

Cheers

Matt:p

4. Radiohead

Radiohead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +433
    :D

My pleasure - have to say that my volume levels are pretty constant though....