1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with LS60

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jay007, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Jay007

Jay007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok i got my Ls60 a few days and at first i was very happy with the TV but i keep finding problems(well not problems just poor quality).

I'm trying to figure out if i have a fault tv or not so i need some people to respond to say if theres is the same.

1. When say a camera moves fast does your screen show a very faint duast like covering?

2. When the picture is black can u c flicker in the top left of the screen?

3. WHen playing with any console when standing between 1 or 2 metres away do edges seem slightly pixelated, i had a thorn 21inch before this tv and the picture was much sharper. When playing PES2 the graphics seem like playing PS1.

4. When in Smooth mode does the picture seem concave when the camera turns sidewards as if its moving around a sphere?

I don't know if i was over estimating the quality of the TV, i've never had a widesreen TV before so i really can't compare. I'm planning on going down to comet and look at their LS60 in motion but i can't do that till the weekend.
    I only worry because my Thorn 21inch looks more sharper and clearer then this.

ANy help will would be great i don't wanna have to send the tv back and get it replaced to find out its just me oversetimating.

2. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455

1. When say a camera moves fast does your screen show a very faint duast like covering?

No. There is a slight blurred effect though, this is down to the 100hz.

2. When the picture is black can u c flicker in the top left of the screen?

No. Make sure there isn't anything causing interference near the TV.

3. WHen playing with any console when standing between 1 or 2 metres away do edges seem slightly pixelated, i had a thorn 21inch before this tv and the picture was much sharper. When playing PES2 the graphics seem like playing PS1.

No. My PS2 display is razor sharp (literaly thanks to PS2 jagged edges :D)

4. When in Smooth mode does the picture seem concave when the camera turns sidewards as if its moving around a sphere?

Surely you mean 'SMART' mode. If so, it's supposed to be like that. It takes a normal 4:3 broadcast and stretches the sides to fill the screen to 16:9, the downside is the 'goldfish bowl' effect. Confused me for a bit too.

I've owned an LS60 for a couple of months and love it. Once set-up correctly, the results can be stunning. I've encountered a few slight problems with the geometry but I've come to live with them now. I'm assuming this is your first 100hz set? If so, it takes a bit of getting used to, I know it took me a while.

3. Jay007

Jay007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah sorry i meant Smart Mode.

Also i get Grey borders when playing console games, although not very big but apparent. Another poor thing is the quality when using my pc tv out which is really bad.

4. Jay007

Jay007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey can i ask what your settings and anything you've changed thats made a difference?

5. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +455
    I used Squirrel God's settings to set up my telly and found them to be perfect (I love you Squirrel God!). I'm sure he won't mind me cutting this from his original post: :D

There you go, try those.

Also i get Grey borders when playing console games, although not very big but apparent.

Are you using an RGB cable for your PS2? If not, it might be worth investing in one, they're only a tenner.