Problems with LG RH188 DVD/HD recorder

F

fat_blerk

Hello.....:hiya:

I have recently bought a LG RH188 DVD/HD recorder. I was very impressed with the looks, setup and ease of use. The trouble came when I realised the picture was flickering slightly, going dark to light every 10-15 seconds. Even when recording onto a DVD and watched back on my PSP, the picture still flickers.

I had the recorder set up as follows :-
NTL Samsung Decoder <--> DVD recorder <--> Sony KV29 TV

all connected with scart cables as the TV is quite old and doesnt have any newer type connectors.

When I took the recorder out of the equation and connected the NTL box directly to the TV the picture was fine. I changed all the cables, even buying new scart cables and all was the same.Sent the DVD recorder back to John Lewis and got a new one, and exactly the same thing happens. Gaah.

I have opened a case with LG but they seem really slow to respond so any advice or ideas, as I am now seriously contemplating gettng another make such as the Panasonic EX75 ?

Hi Fatty,
I have a similar problem with my samsung 128.
When i feed it an RGB signal from either of my sat or cable box, i get a thick lined but faint interferance patern.
It does it through scart or component, using top quality leads too.
It records the interferance, which is a total bummer, but it plays back retail dvds perfectly.
When i take the recorder out of the loop, the picture is interferance free.

I have had some help on here, but unfortunatley nothing to resolve my problem.

I too am wondering if its the recorder at fault, as i am within the time scale to return for refund.

Carl..

Its good to know that I am not the only one then......I have a case outstanding with LG and it has now been passed onto their 2nd line support group, but unfortunately I have run out of patience.

My LG is going back to John Lewis today and I have a Panasonic EX75 coming to replace it, so I will report if this is any different. I really hope it is.

I recieved my Panasonic DMR-EX75 yesterday and am happy to report that there are no problems with a flickering picture, so it must have been a problem with the LG's.

The Panasonic was very easy to setup and moderately easy to drive. The picture and sound quality on playback are awesome even on my old Sony KV29. Not quite as intuitive to use as the LG but at least it work properly !!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom