Problems with jvc video

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by tinkerbell, May 17, 2002.

Tags:
  1. tinkerbell

tinkerbell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am having a problem with my jvc hr-j755ek video (3 years old).
    It has started to lose time on the clock, usually just an hour, but today has lost 2 hours - does anyone know why this happens? Does it sound like a major fault, or just something that happens on older machines?
    Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

2. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no expert but I wonder if your vcr is having problems with its auto clock. I think they have to find the teletext clock signal daily to give a correct time. (My panny machine swithches itself on for a few seconds in the morning to do this.)
    Perhaps if you override the auto clock and set it to manual then the time should remain constant.

As I say, I'm no expert.

:confused:

3. tinkerbell

tinkerbell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,

I have adjusted things recently with the video, & I think I may have done something wrong - also, the video receives a signal, which adjusts the clock etc - maybe the signal has become weak, & its affecting the clock - hope so anyway - many thanks for your reply.

Tinkerbell. :) :)