Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Problems with ITV2 footie last night?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by prologica, Mar 9, 2005.

1. prologica

prologica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did anyone else suffer problems with the Man Utd game on Freeview last night?

(On the Crystal Palace transmitter) I had blurry images and a non-widescreen image (concluded this was probably an issue at the Milan end - images shown of the Chelsea game were absolutely fine) plus intermittent weak or lost signal.

Just wanted to know if it was a general problem or just me! Let me know if you are Crystal Palace or not when you reply - I'm 32 miles out from CP.

cheers
    David

2. lonestar

lonestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    yep prologica,
    i had to same as yourself, a 4:3 put into a 16:9 frame, if that makes sense. it was probably broadcast by a local italian tv company, where the widescreen format is possibly not as popular.
    as an aside, i felt the pq was not good, as my picture suffered from pixellation.
    poor feed resulting in a poor result = poor viewing.

3. crooksm

crooksm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep - it seems the majority of European countries don't broadcast in widescreen. Euro 2004 wasn't and I suspect the Liverpool game tonight won't be either. :thumbsdow