Problems with IPhone X and out of warranty

Sab

My IPhone X keeps on losing all connection to my network O2 randomly. I am on a 2 year contract with O2 and my upgrade date is early November 2019. Also, I am out of warranty.

On my last trip to the Apple Genius Bar, the guy restored the phone to a “ new state” and I thought this had fixed the problem. However, on the Tuesday just gone the IPhone lost all connection to the O2 network for the whole day. I do not understand why this happened.

A new IPhone X Sim free would cost me £550. Should I buy a new IPhone X?

BM08

As above, first port of call would be ruling out a problem with the network by trying another, better to get it unlocked even if there’s a small fee to pay for unlocking, better than spending £500-600 on a new phone.

Before you do anything though, have you tried resetting network settings in the options aswell? Go to settings, general then “reset” near the bottom,then tap the one 3rd down on the list “reset network settings”, make sure you tap the correct one, the other options will wipe the whole phone! As long as you just do the network settings option, all that will do is reset the network settings, and it’s worth noting any WiFi networks you’ve entered passwords for will be erased, so make sure you know these too.

Let us know how you get on

D

Deleted member 45086

Did you ever get an answer on this as my wife iPhone X has began doing this since 3 weeks ago.
Three weeks ago we swapped over from Vodafone to Voxi and all data was lost. I had to restore the iPhone. It has worked perfect since.
Yet tonight it has gone again. She loses the data signal in her slide menu .

Any ideas?
upload_2019-8-29_19-58-47.jpeg

JayCee

Distinguished Member
my wife iPhone X has began doing this since 3 weeks ago.
Three weeks ago we swapped over from Vodafone to Voxi and all data was lost

Obviously the two are related.
Think you should contact “Voxi” and ask.

D

Deleted member 45086

Obviously the two are related.
Think you should contact “Voxi” and ask.
@JayCee i can see how you would think that as I also did. Apologies I should of also said. I have tried the wife’s sim in another phone and it works perfectly. I have tried my sim and another carrier sim in my wife’s iPhone and still the same.
I have gone through every reset option available bar a full factory rest wipe of the phone. A full wipe was the only way I got it working last time.

The way I am seeing it it her iPhone has an intermittent part failing on the data board of the phone.

I have booked an Apple Tech call for later today and a Genius appointment tomorrow.

Lets wait and see.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
@JayCee i can see how you would think that as I also did. Apologies I should of also said. I have tried the wife’s sim in another phone and it works perfectly. I have tried my sim and another carrier sim in my wife’s iPhone and still the same

Yes, important details you should have included.
I think the best outcome would be for Apple just to replace it so good luck.

D

Deleted member 45086

Has the Apple tech call and cannot find a solution. So in at Apple tomorrow and will be having fun with them most likely trying to get me to pay out.
Consumer rights act comes to mind.

Carl

D

Deleted member 45086

Well no surprise from Apple. No help bar stating the Consumer Rights law and that needs to be challenged with the original place of purchase. Sadly I bought it from these forums and it was through Argos. I would also need the original receipt which I don't have.

Long story short. I have ordered the wife a new iPhone. Lesson learned to get a valid receipt in the future.

Carl.

Apple did find a fault which they hadn't seen before. When doing the diagnostics it showed for data Not Allowed. It normally only shows Not Available. That stumped them. Likely ya data board or antenna failure. They were not sure.

Sorry to the OP I highjacked your thread.

Carl

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom