problems with input components (YUV) and games conosole

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by callumfitz2000, May 5, 2007.

1. callumfitz2000

callumfitz2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a sharp AQUOS 32" HDTV (LCGA8E) and unlike other tv's i have seen mine has a pc input which doubles with component input (YUV) so i have a cable which came with my tv which plugs in to the pc input then you plug your components (YUV) into that but when i tryed to use my xbox 360 on hd with the component cables the only picture on my screen was a box saying 'out of range' what does this mean? and how can i get my picture in hd from my xbox 360 because i tryed almost anything?
    please reply asap
    many thanks

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,521
    Hello callumfitz2000

'Out of Range' usually means that whilst the Display recognise you are sending it a signal its not one its compatible with - the Display may be happy with 480p, 576p, 720p and 1080i but not happy if you have your Source set to 1080p.

Have a look in the User Manual for the Display and see what signals it supports on its Analogue 'Component' Input and then ensure the Source is Outputting a signal that's listed in the Display manual.

You may need to flip back and forth between SCART and Component Output/Input whilst you work out what your Source is doing via its on-screen menus.

Joe