1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with In-Win CR-i530 Card Reader...

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by IronMonkey, Oct 3, 2004.

1. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I'm not sure which category to post this question in so I appologise if I've posted in the wrong place...

Anyway, I recently purchased an In-Win CR-i530 internal card reader for my PC. I'm having problems getting it set up properly.

When I installed it and booted my OS (Windows XP Home SP2), it found the device and recognised it as 4 different drives for each different type of card that it is supposed to recognize. The trouble is, it doesn't recognize any of my SD cards!

I know the cards themselves work because they work flawlessly in my Panasonic DMC-LC50 camera. The weird thing is, the USB port on the card reader and the audio ports (mic and headphones) work fine, although they are connected through seperate cables.

The USB port connects to an internal USB header on my ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard. The card drives connect through a seperate cable onto the same header, and the audio connects to an audio header on the motherboard.

I've tried swapping the positions of the USB and card drive leads, but the USB port works in both slots, so the connections aren't the problem. I'm at a loss and I just can't figure it out. In-Win's site is absolutely useless and the instructions that came with the card reader are almost as bad as In-Win's site!

I've tried uninstalling the reader in Device Manager and then rebooting the PC for it to find the drives again. It recognizes the drives as four different In-Win drives, which I'm told is fine, and Device Manager reports that each one is working properly.

But it cannot read my SD cards! I've not got any other types of card (the reader is supposed to be compatible with Compact Flash, Memory Stick and Smart Media too), so I cannot test the other drives to see if they work, but my guess is they don't.

Has anybody had any experience with the In-Win CR-i530 card reader? I think I've given enough information for someone to help, but please ask if you need to know something about my computer.

I'm not exactly new to installing hardware - I've been doing this sort of stuff for 10 years, so I know what I'm doing! This card reader is driving me up the wall!

2. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anybody? :lease:

3. IronMonkey

IronMonkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nobody at all can help? :lease:

4. Dan Kjellesvik

Dan Kjellesvik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Propably because you used a SDHC card, while the cardreader only can handle a SD card, or in other words: a SD card with more or less than 4 GB. Apology if any misspelling, english is not my native language. Greetings from Norway :)