Problems with "Hellraiser Tin Set"?

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HI,

Can anyone help me out here, please? About four months ago, I purchased the "Hellraiser 1+2" Tin Edition Set (from Anchor Bay DVD) via my usual DVD importer.

It's a great set, but I have only now just sat down to "Hellbound: Hellraiser 2" on the second disc. It appears there is a fault, and I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the following:

When you play the "Making Of..." Featurette on Disc 2, it plays fine, up until 5m 37s into the program. At which point, the picture breaks up, the disc spins incessantly, and then either stops or ejects itself automatically.

As the disc has never been played until tonight, and is not visibly damaged, I don't know what to do. I can't really return it to my DVD importer, as I purchased it a long while ago now.

Therefore, if anyone can offer me any help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Pooch

P.S. I have already e-mailed Anchor Bay direct, and await their response.

Brad,

Have a Pioneer 626D multi-region, with manual region setting.

Pooch

I to have the Pioneer 626 DVD with remote region hack. I tried out disc 2 (box set) yesterday Making Of..." Featurette on Disc 2 and played no problem at all! I fast forwarded to 5mins and left it running, worked fine!

Sorry to be the bearer of what seems like bad news but at least you may be able to narrow the problem down a bit? Seems like the disc is faulty?

[This message has been edited by YETi (edited 17-01-2001).]

Pooch may be you'll be able to do me a favour seeing as you have the same player? I have the T2:UE R1 and when I watch any of the movie versions it sticks on certain chapters! Do you experience the same problem? If I just press next it will continue NP just sticks on some!
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by YETi (edited 17-01-2001).]

Hi,

Thanks to all respondants. I received an e-mail response from Anchor Bay themselves, less than 24 hours after my original e-mail cry-for-help to them!

I can send the faulty disc back to them, and they are going to replace it for me! Now, that's great customer service!

Yeti: with regards to T2:UE, when I first played the Extended Director's Cut, (that requires that special 5-digit numeric code), the film paused around 40 minutes into the film, right after the bit where John Connor has been rescued from the T-1000 on the motorbike/truck-chase scene. However, the other two versions of the movie played with out problems.

Having said that, I must have the world's first intelligent, thinking DVD player! The reason I say this, is that everytime I play the Extended Director's Cut, my Pioneer 626D player plays it through, with no trouble! It simply will NOT repeat the initial problem in any way, shape or form! Now, that's kinda cool, but very bizarre!

I don't want to tread on your toes, but try cleaning your DVD player - the Lens bit - as that may help. I know there's a 99.9% chance it won't make any difference, but give it a shot. Also, check there's no dust or fingerprints on the T2 DVD as well. Again, it sounds bleeding obvious, but... just in case. If it still causes problems, then essentially, there's little else you can do, except try swapping the disc for another copy and see what happens.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom