1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with HDMI

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by simonpauls, Jan 7, 2005.

1. simonpauls

simonpauls

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could anyone please help, i have pioneer 435 plasma linked to my pc via hdmi>dvi and have managed to get a good picture using powerstrip,the problem is as soon as i move away from the desk top to play games etc the pc lowers the graphic settings and the screen becomes almost imposible to read with over scanning and flickers it will not resize even when i go back to the desk top the only way back is to unplug the htmi lead is this normal cheers

2. superjim

superjim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you start a game, that application will change to the resolution set under options. If it is set to one the 435 doesn'y accept you will get a mess or nothing on screen. Try setting the resolution on your usual monitor then switching to the 435.

A good test is Far Cry. It auto detects 750p on my 434 and looks pukka

3. jhkanguk

jhkanguk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    simonpauls,

Are you able to turn your TV on and off repeatedly while your pc is turned on?

The reason I am asking is, if I turn my tosh HDMI tv off while PC(DVI out) is still on, then the TV won't turn on again. Once it happened, I have to disconnect HDMI cable and TV power plug and then turn TV first. I am trying to find out whether it's faulty tv or a generic problem with PC DVI to TV HDMI connection.