1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Harmony 655 Remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Davy, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Davy

Davy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi,

I am having trouble trying to get my Harmony 655 remote controller to go to the correct input channel on my TV.
    My set up is as follows:
    TV-JVC28X10EK (which the Harmony web-site doesn't recognise)
    DVD-Denon 1400 - (Ext 1 RGB)
    Video- Panasonic NV-HS825B - (Ext 3)
    Amp-JVC RX-6012RSL
    Sky Digibox-Pace BSKYB 2600C1 - (Ext 2 RGB)

Everything except the TV seems to work fine.
    I have used the original remote to send codes to the harmony, used recommended settings from the web-site, emailed the help desk twice (they don't reply), hung on the telephone to the helpdesk until they force me to leave a message, telling me they'll get back to me (they don't) and tried the Help button on the remote (it changes everything to how I want it, but doesn't store the changes).

I have to accept the default settings for 1. Power on delay, 2. Inter-key delay, 3. Input delay and 4. Inter-device delay, because my TV manual doesn't list these and the Harmony web-site tells me to contact them if I don't know the settings (I don't but they won't talk to me!!!!!).

Could this be the problem? The settings-not Harmony (I know they are a problem). I've emailed JVC to try and get these settings or should I just throw the remote away?

Any ideas gang??

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi Davy

I just had a go adding this TV and the Logitech database does recognise it. Try again; hopefully that might then sort your problem

Richard

3. Davy

Davy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Richard,

Many thanks. I have just changed my settings and most of it is now working, albeit I have to select all of the activities from the screens 'Other activities' for the TV and Movies to work, ie the hot-keys still don't operate the JVC TV correctly.

I don't know whether this TV has just been added to the database or I put the original spec in incorrectly (I don;t think so, but then pilots always blame the aircraft don't they?)/

Anyhow a big thanks to you and 50 points off Harmony's Customer Care.

Davy

4. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Glad to be of help.

To avoid losing what you have I would log onto a new account with different ID password and load the TV properly from the database plus all your other kit of course. If it does not work then you can then always go back to the version you have. However it should be working seamlessly and you dont need to put up with anything less. This really is a great remote when its sorted.

Regards Richard

5. Davy

Davy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks Richard,

I'll give that a try and let you know the outcome. Seems a good idea though to keep the version I currently have before trying anything different.