problems with Harmony 1000

shawn.vanlaecke

Standard Member
I have two problems right now with my harmony remote. I was previously able to use the remote to start and control my xbox 360. Now i get nothing, and when i use the help to try to start it up i keep tapping no and it still never comes on...

second problem. ever since I had the harmony control the xbox i have not been able to use either one of my origional xbox remotes.

I hope that someone can help with this as I am lost. (please dumb it down for me too)

Thanks for reading and helping

ezak

how long have you been owning/using it?

have u tried software/firmware update?

DeadEye

Well.. I tryed the update and still nothing. Harmony will not work with xbox. origional xbox remotes will not work with xbox. ***

Not being funny, but there's a bit of a pattern here: none of your remotes work with your xBox. Could your xBox be broken?

ezak

one way to know whether all your remotes still function or not is by directing the IR of the remote to the camera lens.

snap a picture while holding down any button on the remote.

you're gonna see some sort of purple-ish or red-ish colour from your snaps result and that means your remote still working and if they are all still working i'll 2nd the prev post m8

Last edited:

monksy74

There is a setting in the xbox dashboard (console settings) for which remote control to use - could this have changed?

Can't remember what the options are but I think the are xbox 360 remote, media centre remote or both.

Which one are you using?

shawn.vanlaecke

Standard Member
I can't tell which one is it on as I dont have any remotes that work for the xbox.. I am trying to find someone with a wired remote to conect that way

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom