Problems with Hard Drive

Thyseus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Recently my hard drive that I use to play music off (not my OS HD) has decided to start playing up.

In the middle of songs it stops for half a second then carrys on playing, is my HD playing up? or something wrong with media player?

Thanks
Phil

Any Clicking or Noises coming from drive or any other Odd issues? , also you could just Defrag the drive this will help.

No clicking noises, im running windows 7 so it "should" auto defrag Ill run a manual one tonight. thanks for the input

Just Manual will do :), i run this Defrag class program, try the free Version Home Disk Defragmentation Software | PerfectDisk 11 Professional

also try this Free version of Hard Disk Sentinel downloads Install and run , this will say if you have any issues with drive and Logs shown if you have H.D.D Smart enabled in Bios.

Thanks for the tools

Says theres 4 bad sectors in my OS drive but none on the music drive, altho media player is installed on my OS

Might try a different media player and install it on the music drive

your OS drive with bad sectors maybe causing the freeze on media player running, try that trial Perfect disc.

what drives do you have? as you may be able to Rma the Drive , and use your slave as main for time being.

your OS drive with bad sectors maybe causing the freeze on media player running, try that trial Perfect disc.

what drives do you have? as you may be able to Rma the Drive , and use your slave as main for time being.

An 80GB OS drive (Samsung) and a 500GB data drive (Samsung)

Did a full defrag last night so will see tonight how it goes

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom