• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Problems with disc stutter on playback?

(GTV)Chris

Established Member
Hi
At work we use Panasonics (mainly the versions with both VHS and DVD recording) and we have had complaints of the disc playback doing a little stutter every 20 seconds or so.
We did tests.
We recorded first to the HDD then to the disc - still stuttered
This was using DVD -r.
Then we tried burning direct to DVD +r - the problem we thought, had gone away - the first disc seemed fine... but subsequent discs were not :(
In the end we switched to the Sony machine - I think it is the 510,
No problems at all on both +R and -R??

Anyone had similar experiences.....?

Chris

lurcher

Prominent Member
Hi Chris,
Yes I have had similar probs with DVD recorders and noted that my Panasonic Machines were very critical of the media I fed it, Inconsistencies withe quality of supplied blank -R discs meant the first bundle would be flawless then the next few skipped/stuttered.
Datawrite Yellows were most consistent and Ram Discs 100% reliable.
What discs were you useing ?.
Recently got 100 Verbs which are usually highly regarded - 1st 25 no prob then opened new pack and several failed high speed dubs.

(GTV)Chris

Established Member
Hi

We used Verbatim +R and -R's.
We send them out as viewing copies so we need to get it right.
Perhaps we should trythe datawrite Yellows and see...?

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom