Problems with Deep Discount DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
yeah kevb, I've used them a few times already. I got sent this offer through email as I've ordered before.

No hassles at all with them.

D

damtom1

I've just ordered:D ..How long do they usually take?and have you ever been hit by customs?

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
If your in the UK, It should take around 10-14 days. Wont be any longer.

As long as your under $60 (which I assume you were if it was only the superbit dvd's you bought) then you'll be fine. No need to worry there.

;)

Del

aRCaM

Thanx for the heads up on this one:)

I've just put an order in for Gattaca & The Patriot in addition to Panic Room Superbit :cool: and have rec'd a couple of emails confirming the order.

It's been a while since I've ordered DVDs from the US, therefore will report back when rec'd

Del;)

Anybody else looking for this deal better hurry as it finishes today (24th Sept). I've ordered The Fifth Element & Snatch along with Panic Room.

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
No problem Del.

Hope you all get your movies ok :)

As Ive said before, Ive used them a couple of times with no hassles, 10-14 days and your films will be with you.

:)

dts_boy

sorry to be a bit of a worry wort, but their registration page is not secure when it asks you to fill in your credit card details, i am not willing to risk this as i have had my card cloned before. has everyone who has taken up the offer recieved their discs yet?

I used an Egg card. It's supposed to have internet security guaranteed. We'll have to wait and see. I haven't got my DVD's yet as I only ordered them 3 days ago.

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
dts_boy :

Their registration page is secure mate. Look at the little padlock down the right hand side of the explorer taskbar.

when it asks you...."Do you want to display the non-secure items ?" You obviously answer 'no' to this and it will be secure.

Anybody got theirs yet? I got a confirmation e-mail from them on Saturday telling me they've been despatched.

So, has anyone received their DVD's yet? I ain't got mine. Someone know what the average delivery time is from Deep Discount?

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
yep, Ive already said 2 times in this post, but just for you i'll say again....

7-10 working days from conformation of despatch.

:)

KBDVD

Hi All,

Got my order confirmation on 28/9....but no DVD's yet.

Out of interest, have you guy's been charged for the shipping?

I saw that International Shipping was $8.95 and added this to my order, and indeed, my initial E-mail confirmation stated a total cost of $45.18, but by my next E-mail the shipping fee had been removed with the order now totaling out at $36.23.

Iv'e subsequently confirmed on my credit card site that only $36.23 ( £23.95 ) has been charged to my card.

So assuming the disc's arrive ok, this really has turned out to be a first class offer!.... 3 x Superbit disc's for £24 quid!

ps. Did you guy's have a space problem on their web site when it came to entering your shipping address? IE: I couldn't enter my County due to the fact that the US State box could not be overwritten with anything other than one of their States from the drop down menu, and I couldn't add it to the previous address line due to a limit on the number of allowable characters!

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

Received my DVD's today. Just sat down and watched a few minutes of The Fifth Element and was totally blown away with the P & S quality. Have to have a gander at Snatch & Panic Room soon to see how good the transfer is on them too. Let's hope we get some more good titles soon on Superbit.
With reference to the posts below, I guess you just have to be unlucky if your DVD's get caught through customs. Thankfully, this has never happened to me yet. Fingers crossed.

D

damtom1

Yep...got mine today aswell,the invoice showed the dispatch date as 28/9,so delivery span wasn't too bad.
I've watched Panic Room ,and the picture and sound quality did impress me(though i still think that superbit opens up the D.D5.1 versus DTS debate).I quite enjoyed the film aswell ,which makes a change after some of the old crap i've bought recently!

Baggy69

Had a letter from the post office today saying they are waiting for me.... I can pick them up when i pay the £7.80 import dutie :mad:
First time ive been caught for import dutie :(

Del

Likewise Baggy69

Today had to pay £7.91 HM Customs duty:mad:

Interesting:confused:

Del:(

Kirk

Standard Member
Del & Baggy69,

Perhaps I am being dim here, but how did the customs chaps come to bill you those figures of £7 plus? Do they break the price down at all?

Cheers,

Kirk:confused:

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
Yes, I got mine today too.. I paid £7.91 customs duty too.

I'm phoning them though..... the total price on the declaration was $36

How the hell they managed to get £7.91 ($12.30) which is almost a third of the price out of us on tax is unbelievable...thats around 33% tax !!

Your allowed $65 before any tax being clamped down !!:mad:

I h8 them ba$tard$ (please excuse my language) I'm gonna phone em tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

KEF adds Ci160ES to Architectural Speaker range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Hisense increases Laser TV sales following Euros
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published