Problems with Dazzle DVC100 Capture Card

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by Monstrousity, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Monstrousity

Monstrousity
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,
    I purchased a Dazzle DVC100 Capture card (The red one) off ebay. Today I got it, I came into problems when setting it up. Once connected, etc. I open up Windows Movie maker to try and start of video (Of my PS2/PS3 games) and all I get is a black screen that doesn't move.

The capture card didn't come with instructions or software, so I downloaded some drivers I found on google and it has installed ok. I'm from the UK, and this is my setup. Do I need pinnacle studio for it to work?

TV - Splitters - 1 AV cable to my PS3, RCA cable to the Dazzle, then the dazzle into the usb on my computer. I'm pretty sure I've set it up correctly. I hear there may be problems recording in Pal 60, how can I fix that, and is this the problem I have?

When I choose the video standard, what should I do? I've googled a bit and found the Secam B was supposed to work, but in any of the standards, I don't get any signals or lines detected. Do I need to enable VCR input? It doesn't seem to make any differece to me.

If I try to video in Amcap, I can hear my capture cards audio through the computer, along with an annoying buzzig sound, so I know it's transmitting audio, but when I video it, I don't get any audio.

If you need ny more information, please ask.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009