1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with dark scenes

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by longy, Jul 23, 2005.

1. longy

longy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I have a toshiba 36zp46p, when playing lord of the rings the two towers i get red flashing that appears on fast moving dark scenes such as battle scenes. The television also does it with other dvds and two different dvd players. Does anyone else have this problem and or know how to fix it, any feedback will be greatly appreciated (I also have a sony kp44ps2u that seems to have the same problems but not a severe)

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I worked with TV,s for 2 years and at times I can see faults that no one else can see, most TV,s do not show a perfect picture.
    As you have seen a similar fault on 2 TV,s I would sugest that you are expecting perfection.
    Nigel

3. longy

longy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    not perfection but a watchable picture was wondering if know how plasma screens handle these sort of pictures

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am not that familiar with plasma myself, but most people who work in the TV trade will say that you cannot beat CRT for picture quality.
    Nigel

5. LowLife

LowLife
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Loewe Aventos and I have noticed this problem whilst watching the Lord of The Rings DVD's aswell.
    Haven't noticed it on anything else though.