problems with dab panasonic sc-hc35db

moskate

Standard Member
Reaction score
problems with dab panasonic sc-hc35db,cannot get dab signal but have other radio's with dab in house working:lease:can any one help!!

Mount the T-aerial as high as you can and re-tune. Keep aerial away from lights (especially LED's that can interfere) and other electrical wires/appliances. If this fails you'll have to buy an external aerial, or use the T aerial connected via coax to a high point, ideally outside.

I was going to buy one of these they look blinding but all reviews say DAB is really crap or does not work at all !!! now i really want one and need a fix. I was going to buy a telescopic aerial and use this would it good enough ? does any own one that knows what we can do to fix the pony dab reception thanks.

I was going to buy one of these they look blinding but all reviews say DAB is really crap or does not work at all !!! now i really want one and need a fix. I was going to buy a telescopic aerial and use this would it good enough ? does any own one that knows what we can do to fix the pony dab reception thanks.

Nobody can answer your question, because we have no idea of the DAB reception conditions where you live. Indeed, in my house DAB works on the ground floor, but not on the first floor on an indoor aerial.

First you need to check you can DAB where you live, not everywhere can get it. Assuming you are in a normal reception area the Panasonic will almost certainly work, but you might need an external aerial mounted as high as possible.

Nobody can answer your question, because we have no idea of the DAB reception conditions where you live. Indeed, in my house DAB works on the ground floor, but not on the first floor on an indoor aerial.

First you need to check you can DAB where you live, not everywhere can get it. Assuming you are in a normal reception area the Panasonic will almost certainly work, but you might need an external aerial mounted as high as possible.

No problem with the reception in central london that's not issue its the Panasonic has crap dab and Fm reception its well known with all the wall mounted ones check out the reviews on amazon and Panasonic website. I was not looking to use a external aerial but may have to go this way if nobody with this model has any answers or just buy another brand but i do like this model as i can stick it on the wall out the way in the kitchen.

No problem with the reception in central london that's not issue its the Panasonic has crap dab and Fm reception its well known with all the wall mounted ones check out the reviews on amazon and Panasonic website. I was not looking to use a external aerial but may have to go this way if nobody with this model has any answers or just buy another brand but i do like this model as i can stick it on the wall out the way in the kitchen.

Central London doesn't mean no problems with DAB reception. There is often screening of the signal from large metal framed/clad buildings.

What you you really saying is that the Panasonic is not that sensitive. The way to overcome this is to increase the level of the signal and an external DAB aerial is the best way to do this. Another thing to try is to connect the Panasonic to an external TV aerial. This isn't ideal, but quite a few people have done this successfully and it costs very little to try if you already have an external TV aerial.

wow, I love the nebulous nature of DAB; really keeps you on your toes. I have a Yamaha RX-V459 DAB receiver, installed it with the projector after copious research on these forums (2007), fantastic for home cinema AND great DAB reception using the standard indoor aerial - right up to Monday last. Now all it says is OFF AIR. I have checked the transmitters and no work is reported, so it's not that. I've had the connector off, and it looks fine. I'm really stumped, because it was fine, which says it is not a component issue. Any thoughts?

It is not really a DAB issue, but likely to be a general RF issue which could affect any type of RF signal.

It could be that the aerial is now being screened by something, effectively blocking the signal reaching the receiver. You give very few details of your setup, but it could that the aerial is being screened by a new metallic object in a nearby room or building, this could a mirror, metal furniture, large metal appliance etc.

It could be an internal fault on the Yamaha. I have assumed that you have switched this off/on and done a rescan for DAB stations. The best way to test the receiver is to connect it to a known good external aerial. It might even work connected to a TV aerial in a good area for DAB.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom