1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Component Output

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by ifti, Oct 25, 2005.

1. ifti

ifti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I purchased a Gigabyte PCI-E GF6600GT (from Scan) for use in my HTPC. I want to use this to watch dvd's on my Panasonic AE200 using the component output which is available on this card via a dongle (supplied with the card).

When the PC boots up everything is fine, I can see the bios data and the windows logo appeas in colour and everything looks good. However, once windows has booted up the desktop appears very "bluey" and not very clear - I have tried a variety of resolutions as well as swapping the leads around but it makes no difference.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the card - the windows log looks good whilst windows is booting up..

Can anyone help me to get the darn thing working?:lease:

P.S.
    There is no fault with my projector as my other equipment works fine with it.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm guessing here since I don't have experience of this sort of adapter.

If the image is fine during the bootup-sequence then I'd go looking at the colour settings in the NVidia Control Panel, maybe something like the colour temperature needs adjusting or maybe the colour balance is wrong.

What happens if you boot in 'safe mode', ie. continue to use the generic VGA drivers which are what are being used to display the boot-time logo, that could give you an indication as to the cause of the problem.

3. ifti

ifti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Following on from Kragorn's suggestion I've tried fiddling with the settings and I've managed to fixe the colour problem. It turns out that I wasn't using the correct resoultion setting; I was using "Pal UK" whereas I needed to use "480p". I don't think the component output was enabled under my old settings!:smashin:

However, having fixed the colour issue, I now have a new problem; the image is now blurry. It actually looks as though there are two images very nearly on top of each other. Anyone have any suggestions as to what will fix this?:mad:

Thanks

4. MikeTV

MikeTV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +843
    Not sure, but I would be inclined to download powerstrip (free), which has some in built resolutions you could try (eg. 848x480p @60Hz), which may work well with the AE200.

Also avoid using any extension cables or connectors, as they often lead to ghosting on a component signal. You should use one high quality cable only which is relatively short.