1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with ChoicesDirect?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Barrovian, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Barrovian

Barrovian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Second star to the right and straight on 'till mor
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi,
    Is anyone having problems with Choices Direct?
    I have not used them since early summer when I pre - ordered LOTR:TTT, then cancelled it as I found it cheaper elsewhere.
    I went back a couple of days ago to order an Xmas pressie on behalf of the other half, and found that my order for TTT was still oustanding. I've tried to cancel it again, but it does not seem to want to go away?? I've been ringing the number 01733236800 but it just rings and rings. They're not responding to e-mails either.
    Any ideas?

TIA

2. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +927
    I dont understand that, i definitely received some dvds from them on saturday. Choices are usually very good :confused:

3. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    They are usually extremely reliable in my experience... do they have one of their shops near you, maybe you could go in and ask them...

4. Annatar

Annatar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had exactly the same problem.

I ordered Alien Quadrilogy, then cancelled and ordered from HMV as I could get it for £39.99.

The order even now still says outstanding. Even though it's been cancelled numerous times.

Other orders I have with Choices are still saying Outstanding, even though I received them months ago??

5. Barrovian

Barrovian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Second star to the right and straight on 'till mor
    Ratings:
    +54
    I finally managed to get a reply on the phone last night. They say there is a 'glitch' on their system. Although at their end, all orders show the correct status i.e. cancelled, posted etc, at the consumer end all we see is 'in progress'. Apparently its been been like that for months, but they don't seem that bothered.:confused: