1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with cayin/spark dp12ex

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by baltus, Oct 30, 2005.

1. baltus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    i imported privat a sorround amplifier from china, cayin/spark dp12ex. it is a heavy, strong and powereful amplifier, with great sound. there is some trouble with it. the biggest is that it cuts the power every 10 minutes, by telling "going to stand-by modus" in the display, witch it does. i have tried every thing i can come up with to avoid the problem. the only thing i can do is to adjust the volum control every 9 minutes, then it will go another 10 minutes before it cuts the power. so i have to adjust every 9 minutes. that is not a good way to see a movie or listen to music. there is a sleep-function on the meny, but it does not help to turn that function off or putting the function to 3 hours or anything.

i do not have a english manual, the one coming with it is in chinese. the meny on the amplifier is in english, but i cant find out of this problem. the norwegian importer wont help me, because i imported it private. i have tried to write to cayin/spark in china, but they answerd in chinese...

if anyone could help me with this problem, i would be very thankful.