1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with cabinet stand for panasonic 37" viera

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by samjet, Jan 5, 2005.

1. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    as a new user please accept my apologies if this has been covered before

i recently purchased the tv and cabinet from comet

as soon as i tried to put my separates into the cabinet it was immediately apparent that the said stand would not accomodate a serious centre speaker, dvd player and av amp/receiver - there is insufficient shelf adjustment - and if i want to add a satellite receiver in the future there is no space at all

the result is that i have now had to buy a panasonic table top stand AND a glass plasma table - and i am left with a stand that is no use at all - i must not be the only one with this problem since they are appearing quite frequently on ebay!

i have raised the issue with panasonic customer care and quite frankly they do not acknowledge the problem and will do nothing to help - in fact they are attempting to 'bounce' the problem back to comet

incidentally, the original stand had to be returned to comet since several parts were missing - so i have now got a brand new stand still boxed

i asked panasonic if they would take back said stand and give me a credit note towards other panasonic goods - result was a point blank refusal to even consider the mattter - told me to speak to comet

anybody got any suggestions as to how i might best resolve this issue??

thanks

2. Niraj

Niraj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speak to Comet.

In the first instance, it is best to deal with the vendor of the goods. I think the law says that too. If you are courteous with them, they may well take the stand back and offer you Comet vouchers.

Unfortunately, the standard point of "its not fit for the job" may not work here as its primarily a TV stand, and that it does no probs.

Good luck.

Niraj

3. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +606
    Yeah, you need to speak to comet, what can a distributor do to help you out??

Where would they be able to give you vouchers for??

4. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks for the help guys

have now refered the matter back to comet who seem to have a problem in understanding the problem :eek:

i suggested that they take back the stand and give me vouchers/credit note - this was met with silence - so i suggested they refer the matter to head office

i also gave them contact details at panasonic uk who had initially suggested that comet should take the stand back

i now wait and see what happens :D

5. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    update

comet were about as much use as a chocolate fire guard :nono:

HOWEVER

a big thank you to debbie and abi at panasonic customer care who have made a goodwill gesture to financially recompense me for the extra cost i have incurred in buying a pedestal stand and reference table since the stand supplied did not do the job for me at least :clap: :clap:

seems with comet that once they have your cash and you are out of the door THEY COULD'NT GIVE A FIG ABOUT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION :mad:

i just hope that someone from comet head office looks at this forum :laugh:

anyway well done panasonic uk :clap: :clap:

6. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    samjet, u still got the cabinet then? would you consider selling it? if so how much would u want for it? I cant seem to find a 37" 1 and I wasnt given the choice when I bought it, was just given the cabinet stand

7. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    dav

sorry but its to be collected by panasonic as part of our arrangement

have a look on ebay (one sold yesterday for £100 new and boxed) or try phoning panasonic since they have a division that sells direct to the public

8. novice2

novice2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a brand new boxed stand (john lewis would not allow me to swap it for a pedestal stand!! so I had to buy one separately) that I would let you have for £100 if you collect it from SE London

9. Hudson

Hudson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I noticed this when i was looking for a stand for the soon to be purchased Hitachi 42PD5200, seen as my centre speaker is huge i opted for the Alphason AD3/93S which fits my gear great, also i see sound & vision are selling the panny's inclusive of the stands whether you want/need one or not. I see them being marketed at people who have the nice small, (aka rubbish) cup sized speaker systems with ittsy bittsy centres and slim little silver boxes. Most people buying these i would say will not have a large av speaker/amp system, there mad :suicide:

10. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    hudson

that was my point entirely :laugh: they make you have the cabinet stand with no option of having the pedestal stand (at least comet with the panny viera) - even panasonic admit that the stand is designed for the all in one box home cinema systems!

for proper audiophile gear they are useless

thankfully as i said earlier panasonic 'sorted' things out for me :smashin:

11. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    novice. tempting, SE london is a bit of a trek though, swap ya my pedastal stand for the cabinet ;) lol

12. novice2

novice2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dave GTT. Pity we didnt post a message earlier. We could both have saved ourselves some dough!

13. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeah I know. shame :( suprised this forum doesnt have a section for selling and buying stuff....

14. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    You are kidding right? Have you not seen the 'AV Hardware classified adverts' Section? You need to scroll down a bit further on the main AV Forums page...

Link...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62

:rolleyes: :smashin:

S.

15. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    lol.. always knew I was blind :rolleyes: sorry :) thanks for at least pointing me in the right direction though ;)

16. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Hehe No problem. ;) :thumbsup:

S.