1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Barco Data PC

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ChopperCharles, Sep 26, 2004.

1. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I finally got my Barco Data projector out of storage, bought the cable to connect the RCVDS to the projector, and powered it up. All three CRTs fire up and display nice and bright. However, there's a problem. With no input source connected and the brightness and contrast turned all the way up, I get bright red, blue, and green rectangles displayed in the CRTs and on the screen. If I flip the switch to "Display Internal Test Pattern", the rectangles go all crazy. The edges are wavy and it basically looks like the projector cannot sync. Any input source I give it does the same thing... although this may be because I'm not entirely sure how to hook the RCVDS to the projector through the Video inputs.

This projector is an old analog chassis, by the way.

Anyone have any advice?

Also, the red seems slightly dimmer than the green and blue... is this normal?
    Thanks.

Charles.

2. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just an edit here, I say "bright red, green, and blue rectangles"... this is looking in the tube. On the screen they're not focused or converged yet, so there are three rectangles of red, green, and blue, and where they meet it's mostly white. (Bluish in tint, but not too bad). This part doesn't concern me nearly as much as the fact I can't get any input source (or test pattern) to display.

Charles.

3. ChopperCharles

ChopperCharles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0