Problems with Audiolab 6000A Play

Cabunag

Established Member
Reaction score
Why does it take a while between music on Amazon Music quite a delay between tracks the other problem is it keeps disconnecting especially with the radio im using Wi Fi my Alexa works fine, some say its the buggy App you use for this Amplifier.

Audiolabs are not like Denon their idea of Customer support is just to ignore them so i come here for help where you can get good advice.

Its just a pain if i have to return the
Audiolab 6000A Play and
Yamaha WXA50 back to Amazon all i want is a Reasonable Stereo Amplifier that i can stream Amazon Music on, the ones i picked see to have been lemons.

Why does it take a while between music on Amazon Music quite a delay between tracks the other problem is it keeps disconnecting especially with the radio im using Wi Fi my Alexa works fine, some say its the buggy App you use for this Amplifier.
Because the 6000A Play does not have gapless playback. I would always (if possible) connect streamers via ethernet over WiFi as it's more stable & reduces dropouts. The App (DTS PayFi) is very buggy imo.

Its just a pain if i have to return the
Audiolab 6000A Play and
Yamaha WXA50 back to Amazon
Can I ask why you have both these players? Are they connected together (in same room) or used independently in different rooms? Or were you just doing an A/B comparison of the 2? Since they both essentially offer the same function.

all i want is a Reasonable Stereo Amplifier that i can stream Amazon Music on, the ones i picked see to have been lemons.
If your happy with the amp side of the 6000A Play in terms of sound, but don't like the streamer part. I'd send back the 6000A Play and buy the Audiolab 6000A (same amp without the streamer part):

Then buy a seperate stand alone streamer eg:

Of those I'm actually looking to pair my own Audiolab 6000A with the Bluesound Node 2i- via Coaxial as the DAC in the 6000A is better than the Bluesound one imo.

Here's AVForums own review of the Node 2i:

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I originally went for the Yamaha then found out you can only listen to Amazon Music by Bluetooth so sent away for the Audiolab which i like the sound from it.

The disconnects seem to be on the Radio side of it dont use the radio much.

It has the weirdest remote i have seen on the Audiolab most of the buttons wont work.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Attachments

• 20210324_124953.jpg
    20210324_124953.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20210324_124924.jpg
    20210324_124924.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 20210324_124846.jpg
    20210324_124846.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 114
It has the weirdest remote i have seen on the Audiolab most of the buttons wont work.
Audiolab use the same remote for these devices:

8300A - Stereo Amp (no DAC)
6000A - Stereo Amp (with DAC)
6000A Play - Amp, DAC & Streamer
6000N - Standalone Streamer
6000CDT - CD Transport
M-DAC+ - Standalone DAC (used with 8300A for example).

This means if you had a 6000A, 6000N & 6000CDT for example, you can use a single remote to control it all. Bonus is you get spare remotes as all the devices come with one!

Thanks again i can see that being handy i cant see any use for it i can control from Alexa or the phone.

Thanks again i can see that being handy i cant see any use for it i can control from Alexa or the phone.
From a Audiolabs perspective though, it makes sense from a cost/manufacturering point of view.

Edit: On the subject of remotes. None of the streamers I mentioned earlier come with physical remotes. They are all controlled via apps (better than DTS PlayFi) and can be linked to Alexa & Google Assistant for voice control.

Last edited:
I have the QUAD Vena Play 2 (same IAG family as Audiolab) and it also uses Play-Fi DTS. I have had issues with the software sometimes randomly disconnecting, no gapless playback etc. It doesn't help that the audio stream goes from the internet to your smartphone and then to the amp. The only one that works really well is Spotify Connect and that's because it is streamed directly from the amp without the smartphone.

In then end, last week got fed up so i bought a Node 2i as a dedicated streamer and plug that straight into the QUAD DAC. I did test the Node 2i DAC which is pretty good but doesn't sounds as nice as the ESS DAC in my QUAD. The Node 2i is much better software, i can play MQA from Tidal and i still get the fantastic sound from the QUAD. Not the cheapest way of doing it, but potentially when the software gets sorted or they start supporting more services via Connect, i can bypass the Node 2i and possibly sell it.

In then end, last week got fed up so i bought a Node 2i as a dedicated streamer and plug that straight into the QUAD DAC. Much better software, i can play MQA from Tidal and i still get the fantastic sound from the QUAD.
I'm going to be doing the same, but connecting the Node 2i to my 6000A via Coaxial to use the 6000A's better Sabre DAC (which I love the sound signature of).

BlueOS software that the Node uses is soooo much nicer and as you say can do MQA Tidal too

I'm going to be doing the same, but connecting the Node 2i to my 6000A via Coaxial to use the 6000A's better Sabre DAC (which I love the sound signature of).

BlueOS software that the Node uses is soooo much nicer and as you say can do MQA Tidal too
Yeah I run a coaxial to my QUAD, sounds lovely. Some of the MQA stuff sounds great. I picked one up from Sevenoaks (Open box but brand new) for £399. Might be worth having a look as they had a few discounted when i looked.

Yeah I run a coaxial to my QUAD, sounds lovely. Some of the MQA stuff sounds great. I picked one up from Sevenoaks (Open box but brand new) for £399. Might be worth having a look as they had a few discounted when i looked.
Just checked Sevenoaks. Nothing in clearance/open box. Most of my gear is from Richersounds, so am sure they'll do me a deal though. They could use my room as a Demo Room! 😂

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom