PROBLEMS WITH ARC

john j f

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung KS900 TV (2016) and a Samsung Sound bar HW-M6500 I cannot get them to connect via Arc whichever way I set it up it will not enable Arc on the sound bar it show's DIN and is then supposed to switch to TV Arc, I have Sky Q and have tried plugging this in to the sound bar and the HDMI Arc Sound bar to Arc (one connect box), but I still cannot enable ARC on the sound bar, I would be grateful for any suggestions as to what the problems may be, it is fine with Bluetooth but I cannot fathom why TV Arch wont enable on the Sound Bar.

Try Power Off all devices, disconnecting all external Source devices leaving only the Soundbar ARC > TV ARC connected, now try enabling ARC (ensure Anynet is enabled on both devices).

If that works you can try reconnecting your Source devices one at a time - Power the system Off when making changes.

Joe

Dear Joe

Many Thanks for that I will give that a try Anynet is enabled on the TV and I assume it will be enabled on the sound bar ? assuming that does work when you say power the system off I assume you mean the sound bar before reconnecting any devices.

John

Anynet - confirm it is enabled on both devices.

Power - ideally power Off devices before you connect or disconnect HDMI cables, it also forces the devices to re-handshake.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom