1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with an echo!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by South, Aug 14, 2003.

1. South

South

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wondered if anyone could help. Just bought an LG LH-23c6235 sytstem. I am using a scart lead connection only at the moment. When watching DVDs the sound is fine but when I try and watch the t.v through the DVD/VCR there is a time delay between the system and the tv causing an echo and the sound is broken. Is there anything i can do to stop this, maybe using different cables? I have tried through the Rf and S-video connection. Any advice?

2. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Need a bit more info on yur connections. Are you using an RCA line input from the DVD to the LG system. Are you remembering to mute down the TV sound?

3. South

South

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment just using scart straight from DVD into T.V and RF lead. If i do mute the tv I only then get sound purely from home cinema system. Is there no way that I can still use the T.V speakers as well

4. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry South, didn't notice that you had re-posted a few days ago.

Surely the whole point of a cinema system is to replace TV speakers and thereby impove the audio quality. By using the TV speakers as well, you will loose the 5:1 surround attributes and front/rear speaker balance and, of course, you will get an echo due to the signal processing delay