Problems with 962A

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by brlaw, Aug 11, 2002.

1. brlaw

brlaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just received my 962A from HIFIZone. The picture quality is phenomenal on my panny 42 plasma.

BUT I can't get it to play SACD. I've hooked it up to my Denon 3802. It plays CD's and DVD wonderfully, but no sound comes from the SACDs provided free in the package.

Any ideas or advice?

Thanks,
    Bruce

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Just had a reply to this problem, reckon we may need to connect the analogue 5.1 outputs directly into the AV amp. I cant be bothered to try:rolleyes: If you are going to use it for audio, would be worth a try.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, you have to connect the 5.1 analogue outputs to some 5.1 inputs on your amp (hopefully the amp has some!). It says in the instructions it's best to use the 5.1 outputs for normal CDs as well although I suppose that depends on the quality of the DAC(s) in your amp. Is your plasma the 42B4 model, if so it will accept PAL progressive and I bet it looks fantastic, enjoy!

Cheers,
    Andy.

PS Think I should be on commission with hivizone as I bet they've sold no end since I mentioned this player!

4. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    Andy,

your right, thanks for being the Guinea Pig for this player, your posts have been extremely helpful. How many of these do you think are in the UK right now ? Gives that exclusive feeling. However I am boring everyone witless talking Sage chips and deinterlacing etc. Still nobody seems to mind coming round to see a film or two. Why more people dont get into this instead of buying 2K worth of WS Tv , I just cant figure.

Cheers again,

have a beer on me ,

Karl