Problems With 7.4 Catalyst Update

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by dntaylor, Apr 24, 2007.

1. dntaylor

dntaylor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have have an Artisan connected to my Samsung 32" LCD TV through a HDMI/DVI cable. Sometimes when having to reboot the Artisan the tv displays 'Display Not Surported' this seemed to be happening quite a lot.
    So I decided to update the driver for the Radeon x300x550 Series .(7.4 Catalyst).
    I have now no problems with the display being not surported, but I do have problems now with playing some DVD'S with a low MBPS at around 3 or lower Like Queen Greatest Hit Vol 1 & some trailers On films, the picture just breaks up into pixcels (like a poor signal on a digital broadcast). This has never happended before the update, I did try to uninstall & reinstall the old driver but it does not see the correct native screen for my Samsung anymore. This happens also when playing through PowerDVD 7.

Any Ideas what this could be? :lease:

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,367
  3. dntaylor

dntaylor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for that, but I did go through the ATI Software Unistall Utility in the Add & Remove programes.

4. dntaylor

dntaylor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have finally solved it, not selecting hardware acceleration eleminates the problem. :clap: