1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with 1 year old Panny TX-28PS1

Discussion in 'TVs' started by stevej, Mar 28, 2005.

1. stevej

stevej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My TV has just been returned after Visual FX (JL Oxford Street's repair company) tried and failed to fix it. As well as the problem they know about (their engineer has said that the tube needs replacing), it has started to exhibit a couple more. These problems only occur when watching DVD's and nothing has changed in my system. They are taking it away again and wondered if I should mention it to them.

When watching anamorphic DVD's I get a black line across the bottom of the screen and when watching widescreen the top and botom bars are uneven (the top bar is much smaller than the bottom).

As well as this, there is now what looks like a white line on the top/bottom left handside of the screen; it looks as though the edges of the picture bend inwards.

If I put on one of the crosshatch images off AVIA the picture is no longer centred on the screen, but has moved up and to the right.

I reckon, but could be wrong as I'm not an engineer, that this can be fixed by going into the service menu and centering the image.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?