Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Problems when booting HCPC

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by donmc, Sep 4, 2003.

1. donmc

donmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, I've a HCPC with a Radeon 7500 connect via VGA through a Pro-V to my Panny Ae100. All is sweetness and light except for when I boot the PC. For some reason, it takes several re-boots before the Panny displays the PC output. These are hard reboots which can't be doing the disk any good.

Anyone else with a similar problem or even better a resolution?

Cheers
    Don

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Don,

I have much the same setup - using a Radeon 9000 is the only difference - and I don't get that. What OS are you using ? Hard reboots prob aren't doing much good, as you say, try powering on, and using the AE100's menu to "Auto Setup" to get it to lock on to the signal from the AE100.

You might have more luck on the HCPC forum.

All the best,

Sean G.

3. donmc

donmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's Windows 2000. The strange thing is that the AE-100 is "locking on" to the Pro-V OK as the composite Picture and S-Video pictures are fine, it's just when I change the source on the Pro-V to the PC?

Thanks for the tp re the HCPC forum, I may try there in a short while!

Regards
    Don

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed - moved.

Your repost crossed with the move so I've deleted the duplicate post - Kramer.

What resolution are you sending through the Pro V to the AE100? 856x480? Is the PJ acting like it's receiving a signal but just can't sync? Is Powerstrip running?

Loads of questions but info is always helpful.

5. donmc

donmc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup

Nah - It's like the PJ is not receiving a signal at all. You have to have the Pro-v on the PC "channel" and reboot. Eventually (after several re-boots) you'll see the boot up screen. The PC is booting each time as you can hear the fans and disks spin up and chatter. Once you do get a picture on the PJ ev erything seems to be fine after that and you can change sources backwards and forwards with no problem.?

Powerstrip is installed but this appears to happen before the machine is booted into the OS

You keep asking - I'll keep answering :)

Thanks for the interest.

Don

6. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    I'd hook the PC up to a decent monitor and see if it exhibits the same problems.
    I had some issues with getting the ae100 to display after I upgraded the graphics driver on my HTPC. Turned out powerstrip was detecting the ae100 through vesa information and locking the refresh rate to 68Hz.

Uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver, selecting the sony w900 driver for the monitor (manually)and then reinstalling powerstrip with the pc hooked up to my decent 21" monitor fixed everything. When I reconnected to the ae100 it worked fine.

My advice is to do any display driver changes on a monitor rather than the ae100.